Chapter 30

"One thousand five hundred twenty-five... One thousand five hundred twenty-six... One thousand five hundred twenty-seven..."

         Last night, Alli had decided na sa bahay siya uuwi. After all, may dinner naman sila din sa bahay, it was time na umuwi siya, he missed the place... A lot of lonely memories, maybe because of the sheer scale of the house... But he had a lot of good memories too, when life was a lot simpler, and less complicated.

         Manang Adda was ecstatic though, so was Ate Doreen. They had quite a long catching up chat. Manang Adda was dabbing her eyes once in a while, seeing her tear up, made Alli feel a bit bad for leaving.

         These past few days he had been able to sleep well, he didn't know why, maybe it was because he felt a bit at ease because of Justin and Josh.

Seeing them happy had made his heart very full...

Alli was well rested today, which is why he had so much energy, with nothing to do, so he was in the sitting room, slumped over the table, thinking about things.

"One thousand five hundred thirty-five... aaaand... He's back."

Alli was jolted back from his train of thought, he barely noticed Stell sitting across from him, Stell's chin was resting on his hand, with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm sorry what?" Alli said absentmindedly.

"One thousand five hundred and thirty-five seconds... That was how long you spaced out."

"You seriously took the time to count? I don't think me spacing out is the problem here... counting for that long is crazy, you need help kuya."

"Hala... Sabi nung maya-maya nalang natutulala." Stell flicked Alli's forehead.

"Fine! We both need help." Alli rubbed his forehead.

Stell suddenly stood up. "This is not good... you need to go out, you being cooped up in here isn't helping at all."

Stell shook his head. "Sama ka nalang sa akin, aalis ako in a few minutes, para mag ready sa event namin mamaya, you can do whatever you want pag dating dun sa venue."

Alli perked up a bit, it seemed like a good idea.

Nope.

His shoulders slumped again. Ken would be there, and they weren't in good terms... because of his own devising...

It was great... no it wasn't...

It's for the best... then why does the best feel like shit?

Alli shook his head, he'll get over it... he always does, even if it'll take him years again.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Alli sat properly.

"Bakit naman hindi? We'll all be there." Stell walked around the table and sat beside Alli.

"I know... I—" Stell was right. What the heck was the problem?

         "By the way... ngayon ko lang napansin, ang ganda ng bracelet na yan ah?" Stell took Alli's left hand.

         Alli stared at the white bracelet in his hand, he put it on again out of habit... not for other reasons, but rather because he really liked it, the design, and the look of it, it was part of the reason he bought the other one in the first place... but maybe because it was the first gift he received from a friend, besides the gifts Stell and Josh had given him when he was younger.

         "Why does it look familiar?" Stell frowned.

         Alli sighed. "Ken has one... it's black."