He Gets Sick

You walk into the monastery. "Hey guys! What's up?"

Jay greets you as you walk into the living room. "Hey, y/n. Zane has a code."

"A what?"

Cole, Jay, Kai, and Lloyd all burst out laughing. "A code," Cole repeats with a big grin on his face. "He's been saying it all morning."

"Well, if Zane has a malfunction or something, why didn't Jay fix it instead of laughing about it?" you demand.

"How am I supposed to fix a code?" Jay asks, spreading his arms. The others burst out laughing again. 

You glare at him and fold your arms. "Real funny, Jay. You should be ashamed of yourself. And what the heck is a code, anyway?"

Someone sneezes loudly from behind you. "Achoo! I thidk id is subbosed to be hubor," Zane says.

"Are you okay, Zane?" you ask.

Zane shakes his head. "No. There id—Achoo!—sobe sort ob malfunction id by systeb thad id caudidg be do cough, sdeeze, ad—Achoo!—discharge fluid though by dose."

You frown, trying to figure out what that means. "Um...English, please?"

"Simbly put, I hab a code," Zane says.

You frown. "What?"

Zane takes a deep breath and repeats, very slowly, "I hab—Achoo!—a code."

"Wait... You're saying you have a cold?" you ask.

Zane nods vigorously. "Precisely."

You frown. "I thought nindroids didn't get sick."

"Abberadly—Achoo!—thad hypothesis wad idcorrect," Zane replies between sneezes.

"You sound terrible," you say.

"Thad is nod a subrise," Zane says with a weak smile. "I feel terrible. Wad—Achoo!—should I do?"

"Bed rest, cold medicine, and lots of tissues," you tell him. "I'm afraid the only cure is to wait for it to go away."

"How do beople—Achoo!—deal wid this?" Zane asks. "Id is terrible!"

"Just be thankful you didn't get the flu. You'd really be miserable then."

"Neberdeless, I beliebe I will take your advice. Thadk you, y/n."

Zane leaves the room, probably heading for bed. You wait until he's gone, then turn around and glare at the others.

"That wasn't funny, guys. You should know better than that."

"Hey, relax, y/n," Cole says. "He just has a cold. He's never had one before, so he was kind of freaking out, and I thought it would be funny if we pretended we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him."

You glare at Cole. "Of all the stupid, immature—!"

"Y/n! Calm down!" Jay says. "I talked to Dr. Julien, and he says it should clear up in a few days just like a regular cold would. Zane's gonna be just fine. Think of it as a learning experience for him."

You take a deep breath. "Okay. I'm calm. But I'm gonna get you for this, Cole. Just you wait."

(200 FOLLOWERS! Woot woot!

Shout out to @The_Silver_Ninja29! You rock!)