Prom

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm doing this, I'm actually going to prom..." you mumble to yourself. "Why did I let you talk me into this, b/f/n?"

"Because I'm your friend and someday you're going to thank me for this," b/f/n says cheerfully.

"Well, just so you know, someday is not today," you reply with a sigh. "Let's get this thing over with."

"Hey, cheer up, y/n!" b/f/n laughs. "You might actually enjoy this!"

You step away from b/f/n, wobbling on the high heels she somehow convinced you to wear. "And my mother might actually be happy if she found out I'm doing something besides schoolwork."

Somebody honks a horn from outside and b/f/n scrambles over to the window. "They're here! And wow, he looks hot!" You peer out the window and watch Kai and Zane climb out of a sleek black limo, both wearing tuxedoes.

"Yeah, he does," you agree breathlessly, not realizing that you're each referring to a different person.

"Come on, y/n!" B/f/n sprints out of her room and down the stairs. You follow slowly, trying not to fall over.

"Is y/n ready?" Zane's voice echoes from the hall as you round the corner to the top of the stairs. "I still do not think..." his voice trails off when he catches sight of you.

Zane stares speechlessly while you make your way down the stairs. A bright red blush slowly spreads across his cheeks. You blush as well.

Kai elbows Zane. "Say something, dude!" he whispers loudly.

"I...uh...I...um..." Zane stutters. "You look...very...wow. Y/n. Wow. I mean, you look amazing."

You blush harder and look down. "You really think so?" You're wearing a white dress, white high heels, and gold jewelry, and your hair is pulled up into a high bun.

(Did the picture, then realized I forgot the hair...oops...I was too lazy to redo the whole thing, so I put a link to the picture for the hair in the comments for everyone who's interested.)

B/f/n picked out the outfit, of course, but it fits perfectly and-you have to admit-looks pretty darn good on you. Except for the heels. You could do without the heels.

"Of course I mean it," Zane replies. "I would not have said it if I did not mean it."

"Wow," b/f/n sighs. "I wish I had a silver-tongued charmer for a boyfriend. Ahem." She elbows Kai.

"Okay, okay!" Kai laughs. "You look nice too, b/f/n."

B/f/n winks at you. "That's more like it. Now, let's go knock their socks off!"

"But socks cannot be knocked off," Zane protests. "They can be tugged or rolled off, but not-"

You laugh and rest a hand on Zane's shoulder. "It's an expression, Zane."

Zane is silent for a moment. "Oh. Ha-ha."

"You're cute when you don't get things," you say with a grin. "Now come on before b/f/n and Kai drag us to the limo."

Prom is a huge success. You hear a few comments about dating a 'robot,' and you almost trip over your heels a few times, but mostly you and Zane slow dance and enjoy each other's company. You're almost disappointed when it's time to go home.

Back at b/f/n's house, you stand next to Zane and smile while Kai pays the limo driver. The two of you grin while he and b/f/n sit down on the front porch.

"Let's give those two some privacy," you laugh. You and Zane walk around the side of the house and into b/f/n's backyard.

"Thanks for being a good sport about prom," you say with a smile.

"I would travel to the furthest corner of Ninjago if it meant I could be with you," Zane smiles.

"You know, that may be the most romantic thing anyone's ever said to me." you say with a grin.

"I would not have said it-"

"-if you didn't mean it," you finish. "You're sweet."

You and Zane are moving in for a kiss when you hear muffled giggling from the back porch. You whip around and almost fall over your heels. B/f/n and Kai are standing there, watching you and Zane.

"What are you waiting for?" Kai asks. "Kiss already!"

You reach down and take your shoes off. "Get out of here, you two." You throw your heels at b/f/n, one after the other, and add, "And take these stupid high heels with you!"