.12 - 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓵 𝓾𝓹 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝔁𝓮𝓻

𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(the foul up and the fixer)
~ 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓻 ~

𝐓he salted sea breeze traveled from Jude's nose to her lungs as it passed by, rippling through the green skirt of her dress. A laugh erupted from her parted lips as they pulled back effortlessly into a smile that crinkled the corners of her eyes. Beth clung to her arm smiling up at her with a gleaming twinkle in her bright eyes. "What wonders," She breathlessly spoke as she turned her gaze to look around at the many games people were playing near the water. "Whatever shall we do first."

"We shall meet Laurie's friends," Jo stated matter of factually as the group of girls stepped from the last of the grass and onto the warm sand. 

Beth's grip on Jude's arm tightened at the mention of meeting new people. When Laurie had first sent the letter to their little post office asking them to join his trip to the beach with an English boy and girl, they had all been ecstatic. However, Beth always had a habit of letting her worries get to her when it came to meeting new people. She worried about their thoughts of her and would much rather keep to herself with her doll Johanna. Yet the March siblings and Jude managed to drag her along to the beach with promises of fun and sunshine. 

"You'll have fun, Beth," Jude reassured the girl as she gently patted her hand. 

"Only if you won't let any boys talk to me," Beth quietly spoke, her nervousness only growing at the sight of the four awaiting their arrival.  

"No boy would be so bold," Jo reassured as she fixed her hat over her head. "Not with us around."

"I like to please Laurie and I'm not afraid of Mr. Brooke, he is so kind," Beth spoke shyly, her head ducked to hide her face from Laurie and his friends. "But I don't want to play, or sing, or say anything." 

"You ought to do nothing of the sort, my sweet." Meg softly spoke with a sympathetic smile, the words easing some of Beth's worry.

"You do try to fight off your shyness, and I love you for it," Jude praised as she placed a quick kiss on Beth's cheek. "Fighting faults isn't easy, as I know, and a cheery word kind of gives a lift."

"Ah, here they are!" The sound of Laurie's voice drew Jude's gaze up from Beth's firey red hair resting on her shoulder to meet his eyes. She couldn't help but notice how perfectly the sun outlined his figure, its twinkle residing in his bright eyes. "Ladies, this is Fred Vaughn and his sister Kate." He introduced the two beside him. The girl, Kate, tipped her head in their direction with a soft smile. "Course you know Mr. Brooke." He then introduced the two English folks to each of them, a proud smile on his face as he listed off their names. "This is Meg, Amy, Jude, Beth, and Jo."