.15 - 𝓮𝓪𝓼𝔂 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼

𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(easy on the eyes)

𝐒unlight peeked through the curtain early that morning as the sun began its climb to the sky. Judith stirred in her chair, her neck hurting from the odd angle she lay. She had gifted her bed to Theodore for his slumbers and didn't intend on resting in it with him after what happened. She had hoped to wake up in the morning and realize their kiss was some tragic nightmare and that he hadn't been there after all. But alas as her eyes slowly fluttered open she was met with the sight of his body sprawled across her mattress. 

She sat up in her chair with a soft huff of air, her hand lifting to rub at the soreness of her neck. Her eyes narrowed as she took in his image. Wine had stained parts of his white shirt that clung loosely to his chest, some of the neckline draping over his shoulder and exposing his pale skin. His dark curls were scattered in disarray across her pillow, some draping over his face. His lips were parted ever so slightly as soft breaths passed through them. He looked so vulnerable lying there the image nearly numbing Judith's mind to all that he had done. He was becoming a very dangerous thing to her. Willing her mind to forget and her heart into a flutter at merely just the sight of him. 

She couldn't help herself as she rose from her chair, her feet guiding her over to the bed where she sat on its edge beside where he lay. Her eyes scanned gently over his face as she lifted the blanket at his feet and slowly pulled it up over him so as not to disrupt his slumber. "I loathe you, Theodore Laurence." She whispered to herself as though to remind her heart to shut down its overflowing emotion. "But in ways I can't describe, I don't as well." She sighed before bending over to kiss his temple. "I don't know anything anymore when it comes to you." She rose from her spot, moving to walk out of the room to face the day. It was a soft whimper of sorts that caused her hand to freeze in its grasp over the handle. She looked over her shoulder to find his once relaxed features, pinched together as his body jolted. 

Her brows drew together in concern as she walked back over to him. His hands moved to grasp the pillow beneath him, his eyes screwing further shut as his slow breaths began to quicken. A nightmare. Judith made haste in rushing to him, resuming her previous spot on the bed as her eyes widened in worry. "Theodore?" She spoke his name softly, her hand resting on his shoulder as her thumb rubbed slow circles on his skin. "Theodore, you're alright."

His breathing only picked up as an airy cry blew past his lips, his face screwing even further as his body twitched. Her free hand moved to brush back his curls as she tried to coax him awake. "Open your eyes, Laurie." She soothed as her hands rested to cup either side of his face. "It's just a dream, my boy. You're alright." He sucked in one final shaky breath before his eyes slowly began to flutter open. "Shh." She softly hushed him, her hand smoothing his hair away from his face. "It's just a dream."