chapter two

„you know you have to talk to me about something else, or else i will just sit here and look at my phone every minute to check if something happened."

i didn't know what to do. i posted this story 5 minutes ago, and i was checking it for 5 minutes. i kept on checking if he saw it, but he didn't. but someone else did, my ex-crush. but he didn't only see it, he also liked it.

what does this mean????

he gives me mixed feelings, over and over again. i just wanted an answer, no matter what it was, just something clear.

„let's go outside. it's getting warmer outside, we should go shopping." my best friend suggested, and i couldn't say no to shopping.

as we got outside, my best friend ran and stood in front of me. „no phones, no checking. give me your phone, i will put it in my bag you will get it back when we're done with shopping."

you have to know, that a discussion either with nayla or with me is the least thing you want. and the both of us discussing something was always ending extremely loudly and freaking long, so i tried everything to escape them, so i gave her my phone without saying anything back.

we decided to walk into the city as it wasn't that long and we had more time to talk.

„okay i know i wanted to change the subject but i need to know this - imagine the scenario, you and pablo gavi come together, would you try to get us into a club with them?"

i knew it. at some point, she had to ask me this. my best friend was addicted to partying. i know she's shy around other people, but as long as i'm partying too, she's literally glued to the dance floor. it really is an introvert&extrovert friendship or an if you'll do it, i'll do it too-friendship.

„of course i would, even though i think they're not that much of party people. but i would be so down to party with them."

we got to the mall and went crazy, thank goodness i worked the last weeks.

i had a little job at a restaurant just around my corner. i was working there a few hours a day, just helping out in the kitchen, as my mum and my boss are friends.

we bought so much, i think the next time i have to go shopping again is in about 4 months. but we were shopping for almost 4 hours, so we were dying to eat something.

but today was friday, which means that we could stay a little longer than usual at each others house.

we grabbed something to eat and went back to naylas.

„you want your phone back?"
„omg i already forget about it, but yes please."

i took my phone and didn't even dare to look at it. now i was the one having mixed feelings.

fear. fear of disappointment, that i had too high hopes.
excitement. excitement that i may be in contact with a football player, but not just a football player: pablo gavi.

i saw my phone light up.

instagram [y/n.y/l/n]
pablogavi sent you a message

no. nah. what in the freaking witchcraft was going on.

i started shaking. like actually. i put my phone on the table and looked at nayla.

„what? why are you looking at me like tha-...no, are you joking? he didn't, did he?"
„he did." i whispered.

nayla jumped up and screamed. „THERES NO WAY THAT PABLO GAVI ACTUALLY KNOWS YOU EXCIST OH MY LORD!!"

i was sitting on the floor, not knowing what to do. i was still shaking, and probably as red as a tomato.

if i'm being 100% honest, i wasn't even sure if i would want to be with pablo or with my ex-crush. at this point, my feelings for my ex-crush weren't completely gone, just 89% gone.

„why are you looking so sad? aren't you happy about that?" nayla said kneeling down to me.

„of course i am, but at this point i'm just thinking. do i even want something going on with pablo or do i want something with my ex-crush? like, am i made for a life with someone famous?"

„girl, you're joking right? you can't be for real right now, we're talking about none other than pablo gavi. and if you aren't made for a life as a wag, i don't know who is. you literally dream of being a wag for 4 years, and now you have the chance and you need to get it. so now, forget that boy that rejected you anyways and look what mr. beautiful-football-player send you."

she was right. so freaking right.
i took a deep breath and unlocked my phone.

i didn't want to click on the chat yet so i just read what the notification said.

pablogavi
¡hola! vi tu historia, y creo que te ves muy hermosa.

„girl i don't know what he said there, but i'm sure it's a compliment." nayla said making me chuckle.

„don't leave me like that, get your phone and open the goddamn translator." i said chuckling.

„he said: hello! i saw your story, and i think you're very beautiful."

what the f-

„no he didn't stop playing."
„girl i swear on my life it's what he said."

shock. pure shock filled me. it couldn't be. there was no way that this boy thinks that i'm beautiful.

„should i just answer thank you? or should i try to keep the conversation going?"
„no, no. just say thank you, if he wants to, he'll keep going and text you again."

i clicked on instagram and my finger immediately found the chat.

¡gracias! like that? or should i put some emojis too?"
„maybe a smiling one or the winking-kissing one." she said smirking at me.

„i'm only thanking him, i'm not having a date with him alright? i think this one will do it."

¡gracias!☺️  *send*

„fine, now i can wait AGAIN. i hate it. but what if-" *bing*

„nah girl, if that's him-" nayla put her hand over her moth shocked by my phone buzzing after only a few seconds.

„it's him."

„¿cómo estás? oh i know this one. bien, ¿y tú? well, those 6 months of spanish class were definitely good for something."

i looked back in the chat and saw, that my message was immediately read by him. kinda like he was waiting in the chat for me to answer.

i looked up from my phone but returned my gaze back to the chat as i saw him typing again.

Miré tu perfil, creo que eres muy lindo. Eres de Alemania, ¿verdad?
(i looked at your profile, and i think you're very cute. you're from germany right?)

sí, soy de alemania. todavía estoy en la escuela, es mi último año. pero después de eso, quiero mudarme a otro lugar, no quiero quedarme en alemania.
(yes, i'm from germany. i'm still in school, it's my last year tho. but after that, i want to move somewhere else, i don't want to stay in germany.)

¿es Barcelona una opción móvil?
(is barcelona a moving option?)

the way i died inside when i read this message. he wants me to come to barcelona?

good thing i have winter break next week, let's see where that goes.

hello everyone!
chapter two is out and i hope you like it! it might be a little boring but it's just the beginning.
thank you for all of your votes and kind comments. see you in chapter three!

xx