chapter five

we were still in the club. it was about 2am maybe and an end wasn't in sight.

the more the time went by, the more messages i got about me hanging out with the fc barcelona team because i also posted one of the group pictures we took.

it was us on the U-formed sofa in the lounge. ferran in the middle as it was his birthday and next to him his girlfriend with her friends next to her. on his other side was the team. gavi sat next to pedri and i sat next to him, nayla next to me and alejandro next to her.

pablos left hand was on my waist and his right one on pedris shoulders. my right arm was on pablo's upper thigh and my left arm on naylas upper back while alejandro's arm rested around her waist.

HOW? WHAT?
EXPLAIN THAT.
i'm so confused rn.
yo what?
can you get an autograph from them for me?

messages from my friends and all of a sudden also from people that didn't even look at me in school.

as well as my ex-crush who surprisingly slid back in my dm's.
are you actually partying with the barcelona team?
that's so cool
and btw you look very pretty

yup, that's what i got.

„are you actually partying with the barcelona team?" no sherlock i photoshopped them into the picture 'cause i was lonely because you're the one giving me mixed signals.

the „btw" in his last message before i got the compliment kinda hit me. oh btw - who texts a girl like that?

i was staring at the text i got from him. nayla looked at my phone when i tapped on her shoulder.

„NOO WHY THE BTW THO?" she said gasping and throwing her hand over her mouth, which caused pablo to get curious.

„¿qué pasa?" he looked over to me.
„nada, sólo un tipo metiendo la pata mientras quiere darme un cumplido. (nothing, just a guy messing up while wanting to give me a compliment.)" i think i only made him more curious with my answer.

„¿puedes traducirme sus mensajes? (can you translate me his messages?)"
„¿de verdad estás de fiesta con el equipo de barcelona? eso es tan genial y por cierto te ves muy bonita."

i looked over to pablo and his face looked exactly like this emoji 😑

„este tipo no sabe cómo enviar mensajes de texto, eso es seguro. (this guy doesn't know how to text, that's for sure.)" his answer made me chuckle, but i nodded.

he put his arm over my shoulder as we leaned back on the sofa. i kept on staring at the message.

the last message was the one i wanted for two years. TWO YEARS. i waited and waited. i'm getting tired. tired of him.

pablo noticed that this message was kinda bothering me.
„¿está todo bien? (is everything okay?)"
„sí, sí." i looked at him and gave him a smile as our eyes locked.

he stood up and gave me his hand. i stood up too as he was leading the way in another room.
„es más tranquilo aquí, ¿quieres decirme qué está pasando? pareces un poco fuera de lugar. (it's more quiet in here, do you want to tell me what's going on? you seem kinda off.)"

i found a chair and sat down while he was still standing in front of me.
„cosas de chicas. apuesto a que es aburrido. (girls stuff. i bet it's boring.)" i told him so he wouldn't worry.

„es una buena oportunidad para mí para llegar a conocerte más, pero no voy a forzarte. (it's a good opportunity for me to get to know you more, but i will not force you.)" he said giving me a soft smile.