Dr. John Hamish Holmes

It's finally time to start planning, who were asking for best men, cake, suits, you know all that good stuff. We settled on John asking Greg to be best man and me asking Mycroft so that the best men can be lovebirds and things. Convincing Mycroft was probably the easiest thing I've ever done with my brother.
"So, Mycroft," I began.
"So?" He asked.
"I'm getting married in about a month and I just wanted to ask you..."
"Nope." He said narrowing his eyes and smirking.
"Yes but Greg will be the other bes- "
"Yes." He said grinning wider and crossing his arms under his chest.
"Well, okay then." I said with a small and dry chuckle.
So that was settled. You know, I said that I wouldn't make another vow in my life but here I am trying to write out one for the one person in this world I was completely sure I wouldn't marry. The one person I thought I would love forever be he wouldn't love me back. It's so crazy. He just makes me so happy and loved and whole. It's like I'm another person when he's around. I just don't understand how I can love him this much. Anyways, I really need to focus on planning this wedding. I need it to be perfect.

That month passed so quickly. I mean, I blinked and we were picking out suits and then I blinked and we were taste-testing cakes (we picked a really delicious white-chocolate raspberry flavor which costed us a fortune by the way) and then I blinked and now it's 2 days away from my wedding day and I'm not even sure that I'm ready. Like, okay, yes I was the one that proposed, but that is besides the point. I just want everything to be perfect for him. I don't just want it to be. I need it to be. I really don't want to disappoint him. He's so amazing and spectacular and angelic that I can't even imagine what would happen if something went wrong. I would just find a way to completely disappear. Be gone forever. I don't even know what's happening right now but as long as I'm with him I know I'm safe.

The day finally came. It's time. I am so terrified. When was at the end of that isle, I just stood paralyzed. I couldn't move. I didn't want to mess anything up.
"Sherlock, are you alright? You seem really stressed. Is there something wrong?" He said in a low whisper once he reached the end of the isle.
"No, of course not, I'm just a little nervous." I replied.
The rest of the time just flew by. Finally it was time for the "I do" part.
"So, after all being said, and if there is no further objection, John, do you that Mr. Sherlock Holmes to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest said softly smiling and looking at John.
He paused for a moment and look at me. I saw tears swirl in his eyes.
"I do." He said with the biggest and happiest smile I've ever seen on his face.
"And, Sherlock, do you take Dr. John Watson as your lawfully wedded husband?"
Butterflies filled my stomach. My eyes could no longer hold back the thousands of tears it was forming.
"I do." I said, tears streaming down both of our faces.
"Well then without any further ado, you may kiss the groom." The priest finally said with a smile. I looked over at everyone, Mycroft was looking at John with a promising look, almost like Mycroft was depending on him for something, Greg looked at me with a soft smile on his face, Mrs. Hudson was looking away with tears in her eyes. God, I love all these people so much. I don't deserve this.
I took a step forward a wrapped my hands around his waist and he wrapped his around my neck. I bent down a bit and touched his lips with mine. I heard everyone stand up and clap, but I was only focused on him. Finally, he would be my husband. I've dreamed of this day for 15 years, but I never thought it would actually come true.

Finally it was time for my favorite part, the waltz. I forced Mycroft to play violin because he's the only one who is attending and can actually do it. Let's just say he was not pleased.
"So, why must I do this again?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.
"Because it's my wedding day and you're my brother! Now go!" I said, getting extremely pissed off with him.
"Yes but why can't you do it?" He begged.
"Because I have to go dance with my husband you moron!" I hissed and shoved him towards the front of the room.
"Hey, I'm the smart one! And I'll dance with your husband!" He turned back around and said with an anxious look on his face.
"Oh my god, Mycroft, we're fighting like we're children!" I said and put my head in between my hands.
"You are a child." He mumbled.
"Shut up and go!" I said holding his shoulder and shoving him again.
I think he took a hint since scurried towards the stage without another word. I walked towards the door and opened it to find John waiting outside.
"Ready?" He said looking up at me and smiling.
I took a deep breath.
"Yeah, I think so." I said, straightening my tie.
"Hey, don't stress it. It's our big day! Just relax." He said and put his hand on my shoulder.
"Thank you." I said as I took his hand and slowly pulled him towards the dance floor. Next thing I knew one of his arms was around my waist and one was on my shoulder and he had the biggest, brightest, happiest smile on his face. He is so cute. I wishes I could have stayed like that forever but unfortunately I heard violin playing behind me and that was my cue to start dancing. So I did and we had a very nice dance. At the end, it was time for me to do the "dip" thing which is me bending over and holding him closer to the floor. He huge smile somehow got wider when I did that and so did mine. He let out a little giggle as I leaned over to kiss him.

Soon enough we were running out of the chapel, hand in hand. We both got out of breath after a while and just stopped and laughed.
"So, uh, I guess we should get a taxi to the airport now. Our flight leaves in about an hour." He said panting and looking at his watch.
"Yeah," I said pausing a trying to catch my breath.
A black vehicle just then rolled around the corner
"Taxi!" I said, raising one hand and placing the other in his. We ran over to the cab and I opened the door to let him in first then slid in and closed it behind me.
"Where to?" The driver said looking back at us.
"London Heathrow, thank you." John said, smiling.
We looked at each other and just started laughing again. We laughed for a little while, about a minute, but then we both suddenly stopped and looked at each other with utmost passion and affection. I leaned over and kissed him. Next thing I knew we were kissing and ruffling each other's hair. I couldn't keep my hands off him and I don't think he could for me either. We were like that for almost the entire drive until finally the taxi stopped outside the airport. John handed the driver some cash as we took our suitcases out of the trunk and ran towards the doors.
"Gate seven," I said, glancing at the ticket to make sure. We went through checking and all of the security then finally walked to the gate and sat down for a bit. A good fifteen minutes passed when I finally heard over the intercom,
"Flight eight twenty-six to Tokyo is now boarding."
"John, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean this is a foreign country and-" I began.
"Just relax Sherlock, I really want to do this." He said calmly and grabbed my hand.
The rest was a blur. I just remember how happy he was and how happy I was to be with him. I wish that happiness could have lasted longer.

Love You to Death~a Johnlock fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें