Not my pretty face!

You gasped for air. Your eyes were wide open, and you were heaving for air. You were laying on something soft, and cushiony in the darkness.

Oh, God. Did you die?! Was this heaven?

You felt around, trying to calm your hammering heart. Your hand landed against a cold wall.

Was this hell?! Well, you guessed that if all that religion was real, hell would be the place for you, given your... unusual hobby of being a nuisance.

You spotted a ray of light, in the pitch-black space you were stuck in. Bouncing up from your position, you grasped the space where the light came from. Immediately, the blinds you grabbed broke, and you pulled half of them down, blinding yourself with sunlight.

-Shit! – You hissed like a vampire getting pulled out of its coffin, and covered your eyes. Ugh, why do you keep getting woken up so rudely?

Your eyes suddenly widened, as you remembered why you were panicked in the first place. How did you survive?

You took the arm off your eyes, and scrambled to pull up your shirt. Instead of the regular clothes you were wearing seemingly moments ago, now you were in a weird tuxedo. Just laying in bed, in a tux. Like a weird role player or something. Never mind that mystery, now you needed to see your ribs – you lifted the blazer and white dress shirt to reveal... nothing. Well, it wasn't nothing, but it certainly wasn't a gnarly wound in between your ribs.

In the place of the stab wound, there was a huge purple line. It looked as if it was made by a marker, just the size of that knife.

-What the... - You muttered to yourself, furrowing your brows.

This certainly wasn't some weird abstract tattoo you got while drunk or (allegedly) high. You tried rubbing it with your finger, but none of the strange shape washed off. You tried licking your finger and repeating the motion, but it didn't work either. It didn't feel like there was any indent in there; just a strange, purple mark. It didn't look like a bruise either - it was too clean.

You furrowed your eyebrows further, your forehead looking worse than your grandmother's wrinkled ass cheeks at the beach that one time. Was yesterday even real? Was yesterday even... yesterday? You were sure you got stabbed. I mean, the pain is pretty hard to mistake for anything else; even getting a random period during a summer night, in a stuffy room is better than getting stabbed. And what's with the god damn tuxedo?! You looked like you were ready to be put in a coffin.

You flung yourself off the bed, actually feeling a little invigorated. Your hangover was long gone, and you felt nearly energetic. Being a low-key alcoholic college student; this was unusual.

Now that you were looking around the room, you noticed that the décor changed completely. You actually had blinds in your room now, for starters. Other than that, the wallpaper changed. Instead of the ugly orange one, this one was white, with weird geometric shapes going all along it, seemingly in a random pattern. The shapes were different shades of blue and purple. Purple... You were starting to hate that color.

This time, since you already were pretty sure you weren't kidnapped by some lunatic, you confidently marched out of your room's door. Well, as confidently as you could, while still watching out for random walls appearing out of nowhere.

The whole house had changed. The stairs were still walled off, but some other walls were actually brought down. Your parents' kitchen was now open-plan, leading right into the dining area. And of course, just like last time, there was a newspaper on the dining table. Now however, the table was round and white, instead of a long, ugly brown one. It was kind of a nice refresher.