Toes, marinating in bunny slippers

This was different. It was dark, even when you opened your eyes. You were laying in a confined space, your legs curled up. It hurt your poor, old joints to lay like that.

Was this a coffin? Did you die?

You kicked your legs up, and the lid immediately ripped open. This was no coffin – it was just an old, carton box. What the hell were you doing in a box?

The moist and foul air made its way into your confinement, as your eyes adjusted to the light. You looked up, towards the dark, gray sky – a sign of heavy rain soon to come.

But, where were you? Weren't you supposed to wake up inside the computer room? Or your bed at the very least?

You sat up, feeling the many pebbles stabbing your back fall off of it. Then, you looked around. You were, indeed, laying in a box, on the side of some alleyway. It looked to be early morning, as the fog still hung low. Or maybe it was just the pollution.

There was not a soul inside of the dirty, puddle filled alley. You looked down at yourself – you were wrapped in a bath robe, Big Lebowski style; on your feet were those tacky rabbit slippers. Luckily for you, you were also wearing pajama pants. That meant, that you wouldn't accidentally flash an innocent stranger so easily.

You soon realized that there was a small, hard object in your hand. You looked at it – the nametag. It was the nametag you ripped off of Dave's musty uniform.

This was definitely weird. You should have woken up inside the computer room, and been able to slot in the name card. Now, you were in an unknown alley, in a slightly soaked box.

Without much other options, you shoved the nametag inside your pants (what's with you and shoving things down your pants?) and started patting the pockets of the bathrobe. Inside of the right pocket, you found a pack of cigarettes – Marlboro Red's.

Damn, they've got some good taste.

In the left pocket, you found a zippo lighter. Knowing your awful luck, you flipped it open, and immediately a flame started. Wow, and actual, working lighter, in your hands? This was very, definitely weird.

You stood up in your bunny slippers, which actually had good grip on the ground, and then stepped out of the box. There were only two ways you could go – left or right. The alley seemed long, stretching in an unnatural way.

You did a dumb little counting-out rhyme, because you were a big baby, and it landed on right. Right it was! You could never go wrong, if you went right, huh?

The slippers made squishing sounds, as you slowly traversed the gray alleyway. You tried avoiding puddles, yet being the uncoordinated genius you were, your feet were now marinating inside the once fluffy slippers.

There were many doors along the walls on the two sides. They were mostly metal, dirty and rusted. And they were all closed. Not even one person came out, when you made your way through the alley. It was eerie – a completely empty, tight space in between buildings, in the early, gray morning. A perfect atmosphere for a gruesome murder to occur.

Just as you rounded the corner, walking right into another alley, you heard a loud slam in the near distance. You heart nearly leapt out of your chest, as you crouched down to conceal yourself behind... well... nothing. There was nothing to hide behind.

Nonetheless, the new disturbance didn't seem to have noticed you. They made a few, wet footsteps, and then a loud groan. Not a scary, demon groan. No, it was a mortifying , teenager groan. You mentally cursed at whatever you could blame for this situation.