Like a monkey, sliding off a tree

You stood in a purple... tunnel of sorts. There were no visible lights, yet you could see everything. The walls curved around, and pulsed in rhythmic beats. It was almost like you were inside of a heart.

You will soon find your peace.

-Who the fuck are you?! - You spun around, looking up and down to see your abductor. There was nothing there, except for the weirdly pulsing purple walls. They looked fleshy...

You are my champion.

-I'm no-one's champion! I never signed up for any of this! - You stomped your foot on the weird surface. It bounced lightly under your weight.

This won't take long.

-Bullsh- woah! - You suddenly got lifted up in the air, and began slowly drifting through the fleshy corridors. - Put me down! - You struggled, until the speed picked up. You flew through the endless tube. Your head spun, and you felt as if you would puke out your organs.

Soon, the speed was too much for you. You weren't able to keep your eyes open, and a few moments later you lost consciousness.

-Woah! - You jerked awake.

This was your room. Not a weird fleshy, purple tube. This was the room you first woke up in. The orange wallpaper seemed... older. Some parts were torn in the corners, and dirt sat on the once vibrant orange. You sat up, in the dimly lit room, confused. The ugly desk and chair seemed older too...

Well, at least I got a glimpse of whatever kidnapped me.

You did. But you didn't know what it all meant. Was it aliens? Ghosts? Who was it, that had it out for William so much , that they made you – a random, morally questionable, loser alcoholic, asshole college student - kill him over and over again? Was it for some kind of sick enjoyment, or did they have a plan?

Most importantly, you were in a familiar environment; as familiar as an ever-changing house can be. You were in your clothes – the ones you wore to bed after getting drunk with your parents. You took a handful of your shirt, and sniffed it.

-Ugh. - You recoiled. It smelled of your alcohol infused sweat.

Wait a minute...

Was the reality repeating itself? Was it because you failed to kill that first William?

You jumped out of bed, and immediately almost fell over. You placed a hand over your forehead, feeling a pounding headache.

Were you hungover?! This definitely wasn't normal. It wasn't as bad as you remembered, but it still definitely was a hangover.

You slowly made your way out of the room. There, at the dinner table, was a newspaper. You bent over it; there was no picture. All the text was blurred, save for a few words and letters.

"f... ail... re... P...e...AT"

You failed. And you were politely reminded of that. And you were also, politely asked to try again.

It all seemed so much more sinister. All the furniture in the house felt worn by time, and the sun outside wasn't as bright.

You looked up from the paper, not noticing the last few letters; "C... omp... en... sat... I... on". Your eyes widened at the objects placed at the other end of the table.

-Oh, sweet baby Jesus! - You exclaimed, running over to the other end. - I'm saved! - You picked up a perfectly rolled up joint, and a lighter. - Come here my babies! - You hugged the objects tightly to your chest, then gave both of them kisses.