𝟎𝟎𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

〚  ҉ ⋆。˚ ☽ | 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 | ☽ ˚。⋆   ҉ 〛
"This is not your fault."

MARILYN TANNER grabbed roughly onto Olivia's wrist

MARILYN TANNER grabbed roughly onto Olivia's wrist. Her polished nails digging into her nine year old daughter's skin.

"Mom, what did I do?" Olivia asked as she was dragged to the kitchen. Parker, their golden retriever barking as he followed after them.

Marilyn grabbed a clump of Olivia's hair and shoved her head closer to the sink that was full of dishes. Olivia's eyes welled with tears as her chest sunk.

"You didn't do your chores." her mother growled.

"I'm sorry." Olivia whimpered. She tried to wiggle out of Marilyn's grip, but it only tightened. "Mom, you're hurting me."

"You need to do your chores."

"Mom, let go." Olivia cried softly. Marilyn's grip tightened more. "Let go!"

Olivia's eyes glowed a bright orange as she pushed her hand onto Marilyn's forearm. Olivia's hand went into flames as Marilyn screeched in pain and let go of her daughter. Olivia's eyes grew wide and she retracted her hand, pulling it to her chest as her whole body was engulfed in bright orange flames.

Marilyn hissed at her burned arm before looking over at Olivia, her eyes widening in fear as she backed away.

"What's happening?" Olivia cried as the wooden floor beneath her started on fire.

"Demon." Marilyn muttered as she shook her head in fear. Marilyn turned to run out of the house. Olivia held out her hand and called out her mother.

"Wait!" A blast of fire left Olivia's hand and warped around Marilyn's figure. She screamed and flailed around as the fire spread even more. Marilyn fell to the ground and her screaming stopped. Olivia cried as she saw her mother mix into the flames that she had somehow created.
"Olivia!" James, her father, called as he burst through the door. A chunk of the wood from the ceiling above them crashed down, causing Olivia to shriek. "Olivia!" James cried as his eyes turned a dark shade of orange before he stepped into the flames that didn't injure him.

"Daddy!" Olivia cried as she shook in her spot. James soon finds her and puts a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"We need to get out of here." He told her. Olivia's eyes didn't move from Marilyn's flamed body. James slowly followed her gaze, seeing the flamed corpse. Olivia shook with tears.

"I killed her." She cried. James quickly turned back to his daughter.

"Look at me." James told her sternly. Olivia quickly looked up at him, surprised to be looking into his orange eyes, her own eyes widening at him. "You did not kill her. You understand? This is not your fault. It's my fault I didn't tell you about this sooner." James looked around at the flames. Another piece of wood crashed, pulling him out of his daze. "We need to get out of here." James said quickly before guiding Olivia out of the house.

" James said quickly before guiding Olivia out of the house