𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲

〚  ҉    ⋆。˚☽ | 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲 | ☽˚。⋆   ҉     〛
"I prefer the term Firebird...it sounds cooler."

ELI EXHALED AS he looked around

ELI EXHALED AS he looked around. He held out his phone that beamed a flash of light to illuminate their walkway.

"So..." Eli began as he dragged out the word.

Olivia resisted the urge to look over at him, keeping her eyes on the path as her hands stayed in her sweatshirt pockets. Something about him made Olivia feel...different. She didn't know if it was good or a bad thing, but, to her, it probably meant bad.

"You're a Phoenix too right?" Eli asked.

"I prefer the term Firebird...it sounds cooler." Olivia replied softly, she still didn't look at him. "You're a werewolf?" Olivia questioned.

"Yeah. It's still kind of a work in progress. I can't really-wolf out yet." Eli chuckled softly. Olivia looked over at him, and she regretted it immediately. Eli was already watching her with a smile that, for some reason, made Olivia's stomach feel a way she had never felt before. Olivia quickly looked back at the path.

"I'm Olivia."

"I know." Eli replied as he looked at the pathway. Olivia looked back over at him again. "I mean-you're in some of my classes. I've seen you in the hallways." Eli said quickly.

Olivia looked down again. She had never thought anyone noticed her, since she had always kept to herself.

"Oh." She muttered.

"So, how did you figure out you had powers?" Eli asked, trying to change the topic. By the difference in Olivia's demeanor, he knew he chose the wrong topic.

"Um...I uh-I started a house fire." Olivia replied simply. "I-I'd rather not go into further detail."

"That's all right. I get it."
Olivia glanced over at Eli as he gave her a soft smile. The corners of Olivia's mouth twitched into a smile.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

OLIVIA NUDGED ELI with her elbow, her hands resting in her pockets.

"Good luck." Olivia told him with a tight lipped smile.

"Oh. Thanks." Eli replied with a bright smile as his chest fluttered. The two were walking in the halls of Beacon Hills. Eli had his bag hung over his shoulder while they made their way to the lacrosse team.

"I'm gonna head to the stands." Olivia said as she gestured her head to the side. Eli nodded before Olivia started walking away, his eyes watching her retreating figure.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

WATCHING THE GAME was cut short when Olivia found herself waiting outside the boys locker room.

Eli was put into the game for a good solid couple of minutes before he was tackled and hurt his ankle. After a very awkward introduction, Olivia had offered help to Derek when they had brought him off the field, but he insisted that he could handle it. So Derek carried Eli, bridal style, all the way to the locker room.

Now, Olivia stood outside the boys locker room with her hands in her sweatshirt pockets. She looked around the hallway, trying to not focus on the conversation the two Hale's were having in the locker room. The sound of Derek yelling caught Olivia's attention. She pushed herself off the wall and turned to the door. Eli hobbled out and quickly looked around for Olivia, his bag clutched in his hand. Once he saw her, he grabbed her arm and began pulling her.

"Come on. We have to go." He told her quickly as he weakly dragged her. Olivia quickly stepped in line with him as he let go of her.

"What's going on?" She asked as she watched him limp.

"Some crazy lady with a bow tried to kill us." Eli explained.

Olivia nodded as she looked at Eli's hurt ankle. She brought her hands out of her pockets. She bawled her hands into fists. She wanted to help him, and help their situation. If she could help him, they could move faster, but she didn't want to touch him. What if she lost control? It would just take a split second and she would give him three degree burns.

Before she could think about it more, they were at the doors. She pushed the door open and held it open for him. Once he passed her, she let go of the door. She looked back at the handle and there was now a bright red handprint where her hand clutched it tight.

Olivia quickly refocused as they rushed to the parking lot.

"We're gonna have to take my dad's car." Eli told her as they rushed past cars. "He always leaves the keys in there anyways."

"I'm driving." Olivia quickly added. "Your pedal foot is injured. I'm driving."

"Okay, boss." Eli commented. "It's this one." He told her as he stopped by a beige colored car. They rushed into the car and Olivia quickly started it.

As she pulled out of the parking spot, droplets of rain softly hit the windshield. By the time she made it to the road, a heavy downpour was pelting the vehicle.

"Where am I going?" Olivia asked as she turned on the windshield wipers.

"My dad's shop, Hale Auto. You know where that is?" Eli asked before he unzipped his bag.

"Uh...yeah I-I think so. The one with the gas pump right?"

"Yeah."

"Good thing. We're almost out." Olivia added as she looked at the dial slightly close to the 'E'.

Eli pulled his jersey off over his shoulder before pulling the white t-shirt off underneath. Olivia clutched the steering wheel. She pulled in her lips before glancing over at Eli. Just as she looked over, Eli had pulled out a clean white t-shirt and was starting to put it on, giving Olivia a clear view of his stomach. Olivia quickly looked back at the road as she adjusted in her seat, clutching the steering wheel tighter.
Eli put his gray flannel over the t-shirt before taking off his cleats. He pushed up in the seat, and glanced over at Olivia before quickly pulling his shorts down and replacing them with his jeans and tennis shoes.

Olivia relaxed slightly and adjusted her hands on the steering wheel. She glanced at it and saw the slight melted indents in the wheel. Eli had noticed this as well, but seeing the girl's reaction, he didn't say anything.

Olivia inhaled sharply before breaking the silence the two had fallen under.

"How's your ankle?" She asked.

"Oh, uh. It's kinda shitty." He chuckled lightly.

"Can you not heal? Is that like a werewolf thing?"

"N-no. I can't heal yet. I haven't really got the hang of the whole werewolf thing yet."

"I haven't mastered the firebird thing either." Olivia added softly. Eli looked over at her with a small smile as silence fell over the two again.

 Eli looked over at her with a small smile as silence fell over the two again