𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

〚  ҉    ⋆。˚☽ | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 | ☽˚。⋆   ҉     〛
"This is uncomfy."

"WHO'S THAT?" Olivia asked as she leaned forward in her seat

"WHO'S THAT?" Olivia asked as she leaned forward in her seat. Her and James sat in the back of Scott's truck as they drove to the forest to find the tree stump.

"Malia." James replied as Olivia looked between Scott and the woman waiting for them. Lydia looked between Scott and Malia before rolling her eyes.

"Oh, for the love of God. Come on." Lydia insisted.

Scott sighed before they all got out of the car. Lydia smiled as she rushed over to hug Malia.

"Oh! I missed you!"

"I missed you too." Malia replied blandly.

"No, you didn't."

"Okay. I wanted to."

"Well, that I can believe." Lydia said as they exited the hug. James smiled at the woman before they hugged as well. Malia patted his back as they left the hug.

Malia and Scott stared at each other until Scott broke a small smile.

"Hi."

"Hi."

Olivia stood back as she watched the two adults hug awkwardly.

"It's good to see you." Scott told her.

"It's kind of awkward to see you." She replied.

"I know."

"This is uncomfy." Olivia mumbled as she walked over to her dad. Malia squinted at the young girl in confusion. "Olivia." Olivia introduced herself with a small nod.

Malia nodded before turning around.

"Okay! Let's go find a tree in the woods." Malia told the group as she started to walk away. James and Scott followed after her, Lydia waiting for the younger girl.

"What was that about?" Olivia asked the older woman.

"They used to be a thing in high school. It didn't end the best." Lydia explained as they followed after the other adults.

"Did you guys all date each other or something? Damn." Olivia sighed as they made their way through the forest.

"Come on. You said we need to find this thing by nightfall." Malia called.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

OLIVIA PULLED on the cuffs of her gray zip-up hoodie. It had been a silent hike for the most part, just the occasional small talk. Scott sighed as he ended yet another failed call to Chris.

Olivia looked around in confusion as the group stopped. Malia is struggling with which way to go. Malia stopped and crouched to the ground, staying there for a few moments before popping back up.