Act II - Consequences

All Shota could see on the trees was blood, he had seen sights working underground that would make even the most jaded of pros lose sleep at night, but this scene rated among some of the worst in his career.

Earlier that day he had gotten a call from Naomasa Tsukauchi, a detective who was close with him and family, that there had been a murder scene that they had been called to and that he needed insight from a hero who may have seen similar scenes during shifts.

Naomasa stood by a fence on the outside of the park as Aizawa stepped out of his car, already aware of the smell of burned flesh, smoke, and blood. He was fine with the smell of blood and smoke, in his field you have to be, or you won't last very long, but the scent of burnt flesh nearly made him vomit.

"Naomasa. What do we have this time?" Said Aizawa, barely hiding the nausea and disgust from showing on his face.

"We have what we believe to be a homicide, with quirks involved, but we haven't yet found a body. But we have footprints leading away from the scene, along with water and scuff marks leading away from the blast site." Said Naomasa, clearly exhausted from Aizawa's point of view.

"What do you mean blast site?" Said a confused Aizawa.

"Whatever quirk the victim was hit with sent him flying, there are scuff marks leading away from the origin point of the blast so it seems the victim rolled across the ground after the show was over. But let's go, I need to file a report already and forensics is already up my ass to get on the scene."

"Lead the way Naomasa." Said Aizawa as they started a long the trail into the park.

It wasn't long before Aizawa saw the definitive yellow tape that marks all crime scenes the world over, and the smells that he had already picked up on got worse, then he saw them, limbs, scattered around the place like Legos, and he promptly vomited on Naomasa's shoes.

"What the hell Shota! I just got these last week! You know how much of a pain in the ass it is to get shoes that the department approves of!?" Said one agitated Naomasa.

"Sorry Naomasa, but what the FUCK is this!? We got what looks like a fucking horror scene, a bomb blast, and a goddamn glacier over here." Said Aizawa, who knew he was NOT sleeping tonight.

"We don't really know, we got calls talking about two explosions and almost inhuman screams." Replied Naomasa.

"I don't know what the screams were from, maybe the fucking limbs that got blasted off that are all over the place!?" Replied one really displeased Aizawa.

"Yeah, from what we've found so far the victim lost an eye, arm, and leg. Before their probable death." Retorted Naomasa.

"Let forensics get in here, get blood tests so we know who our victim is. I'm out of here, I need to brush my teeth and get this god forsaken crime scene expunged from my brain, hopefully permanently." Said a coffeeless, sleep deprived hobo that happened to be one Shota Aizawa.

"Alright, I'll call you once we have an ID on the victim. Good night Shota." Responded an equally tired out Naomasa, pulling out a cigarette from his coat pockets.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip 4 Hours~~~~~~~~~~~

Shota rolled over in his bed to pick up his phone, seeing that his caller was Tsukauchi.

"Yes Naomasa? Do we have an ID?" Asked a half lucid Shota.

"You need to come to the station right now Shota. The victim's name is Izuku Yagi, It's Toshinori's son." Said a urgent Naomasa.

"I'm on my way now." Said Shota, leaping out of his bed and scrambling to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~Izumi 6 Hours Before~~~~~~~~~