Act III - New Limbs, Dark Skies

Things in Ramsgate had been thrown further from the norm then they already had after the arrival of Izuku, if the presence of a preteen with a wheelchair that they could use all too well, with 0 self preservation instinct and an insatiable desire to learn didn't upset the day to day lives of Ramsgate's citizens then the discovery of an entirely new island chain not too far from Ramsgate certainly did.

The Orrery scientists had started arriving in Ramsgate less than a day after the islands were found, and they had selected a name for them already.

The Umbral Deeps.

A fitting name for an island chain in which the air was permeated with Umbral aether, affecting people who explored the island greatly with the corrosion and corruption that the very air inflicted unto those who were foolish enough to breathe in a place such as the deeps.

But there were ways to protect people against this corrosion, or Umbral Decay, as Izuku started calling it soon after Priyani told him about it.

But the Orrery scientists who had made it out alive from the Deeps had interesting stories to tell about the islands.

They had found signs of civilization on the island, but they were only ruins, from what the Orrery could find out about this civilization, they had all died out long before the Deeps were flung at Ramsgate.

But they had a name for this civilization based off of translations of runes found withing the deeps themselves.

The Void Runners.

Armed with this information Priyani immediately put a expedition into the works, gathering the few Orrery scientists who still wanted to go after the misfortune that had befallen those who went before them, and slayers, that would serve as the defenders of the scientists of the exploration team, and those who chose to go were warned by Kat about the lack of information on the behemoths they might very well find on the islands.

But hearing these preparations being put into motion lit a fire in Izuku's very soul, the boy was angry, those around him might not have been able to see it, but it was there, Izuku was eternally grateful to those who had helped him in Ramsgate, but he would never be able to forget the pain and humiliation that had been inflicted upon him.

From not being able to use the bathroom by himself, having to learn how to write again with his remaining arm, being monitored and watched out for due to his lack of depth perception because of his 1 eye, as well as the looks of pity that he got from everyone who surrounded him.

Izuku hated being looked at like some broken thing, like he was some leech that needed the pity and charity of  others for his very survival, it scorched the fabric of his very soul, he would show those who pitied him that he was still useful, he would go to the deeps on the expedition.

When he brought his desire of joining the expedition to the influential figures of Ramsgate who had become nothing short of family to Izuku, they were wholeheartedly against it, so Izuku fought with them, leading to him storming away to a small secluded corner of Ramsgate that few went to.

~~~~~~~~Pissed Green Boy View~~~~~~~~~

Izuku was angry, that much was a given after the train wreck that was his life, but he wanted to join the expedition, he wanted to prove to those who had taken him in that he wasn't useless, or some thing that had to be taken care of 24/7.

He was caught up in his own thoughts before he heard footsteps behind him, so he turned and saw Arkan, who had allowed Izuku to stay in his house, and taught him everything he knew on being an aethersmith, and became the father that Izuku never truly had in his life.