Act III - Ancient Nightmare

As soon as the expedition team arrives on the island, they could feel that there was something wrong with the deeps on an existential level, that this place was not meant for humans to walk or breath on, that the island rejected their presence and wanted them dead.

That the island was hungry.

And so started the nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Izuku View~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku could see that something was wrong with the island, he was told by Arkan that his eye wouldn't give him his vision back, but would allow him to see aether in his surroundings, but the aether in the deeps would quickly overwhelm him, so he covered his eye.

But due to the fact that his eye was far more refined than the one that belonged to Lady Luck, the aether in the deeps still managed to be received by his eye, as if the deeps were aware of his presence and though his attempts at defending himself were amusing, Izuku was not aware of one fact.

The Deeps wanted him.

He had a special presence in the deeps, one that made him stand out even more than any others that accompanied him, and his presence riled the hunger of a primal beast on the island, drawing forth the nightmare of the deeps.

Feareater Thrax, The King of Nightmares.

A primal hunger with no equal among any other Umbral behemoth, even among other Thrax the Feareater was supreme.

But those on the expedition were unaware of its existence, and the massacre that would follow it's interest in Izuku.

But Izuku's ignorance was not bliss in this case, and so he continued with the rest of the expedition, but due to his lack of organic limbs he was assigned a guard, a slayer by the name Max, who was said to be highly experienced among those in Ramsgate, compared to Izuku the man was a giant who towered over the teen.

But Izuku knew this man already, unknown to anyone Izuku had been watching the man at the training grounds for several weeks now, and he had written numerous notebooks full of information on Max's swordplay so that he may one-day learn it for himself.

But Max became aware of this fact not long after Izuku started watching him, and had started practicing easier moves so that Izuku would be able to learn them more gradually as to him improve without needing further instruction from other teachers.

In a way Izuku had become Max's student, he had gleaned every bit of knowledge he was able to from watching him train and spar with other slayers, from his footwork, his breathing, his motions, down to what muscles he used when swinging and fighting.

But the two moved forward with the rest of the group, making small talk as they went along.

"How are the limbs working for you? Are you walking fine yet?" Said Max, in a rough, but pleasant voice.

"I've improved but my walking is far from where it originally was, at this point running is far beyond what I'm really capable of." Izuku said embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it, you'll get there eventually, not everybody has the strength to keep on going after that, has your frostbite on your chest and back improved any since you arrived?" Continued Max, concerned about Izuku's health and well-being as his one and only unofficial student.

"Not really, Strega said that it won't affect me negatively but she said that I probably will never recover entirely, the coloration is still the same and I have no real feeling in that area, but the frostbite on my leg wasn't as bad so I didn't have to lose it as well, it's recovered fine but still hurts." Said Izuku, seemingly neutral about his wounds