Get Back In The Game

"Another round of cervezas and two shots of tequila, sweetheart!"

Katherine eyes lifted from the shot glass she was drying. She winked at the fifty something year old man, whose tone is polite enough for her to be nice. She first grabbed the five beers from the freezer, opening quickly and sliding it forward. Then she grabbed two shot glasses and poured tequila on them.

"Here ya' go," Katherine winked at him, after she slid the shots.

Aging lines appeared around his eyes when he smiled. The man slid a twenty dollar bill her way with one shot glass.

He raised his, saying, "Bottoms up."

Katherine smirked, grabbing the shot and drinking the liquor. "Thanks."

The old man winked at Katherine before blending with the crowd. Tonight the bar wasn't crowded as much but it did had some rush. Katherine was very familiar with this place. Every time she needed to feel normal, she would storm by this town and take a bartender job in this bar. She would get the chance to kick and punch old drunks and douche bags from time to time. Slowly killing the edge of wanting to kill something or someone. At the end of the night, she enjoyed working in this bar.

"Katherine!" One of her co-workers shouted. She turned her head to see him holding the bar's old wall telephone. "Someone is asking for you."

Instantly she left her station and walked towards the phone. Katherine grabbed the phone off Frank's hand and placed it above her ear. She took a deep breath in before speaking.

"Hello?"

"Katherine? It's me, Dean."

Hearing Dean's voice was music to Katherine's ears. She grinned at the sound of his manly voice. It's been weeks since they've been back from Purgatory. She wanted to call yet never found the courage to do so.

"Dean?" Katherine played her cool, "Missing me already?"

"You wish," Dean cleared his throat, "listen, Benny called, he needs our help."

"What happened?" Katherine snapped.

"Benny got into an encounter with his old gang. He's injured pretty bad a couple towns later from your location. Thought I'd give you a call." Dean said.

Katherine concern frown shifted into a more curious look, "Dean Winchester, are you asking me to tag alone?"

"He's your friend too..." Dean played it cool, "I'll be there in an hour."

She glanced around, "I'll be waiting."

"You know there's no personal calls allowed." Patricia the new manager ambushed her.

Katherine rolled her eyes, shuffling towards her bag. Patricia grabbed Katherine's arm roughly making her body spin. Rage overcame Katherine's vision, she went quickly grabbed her boss by her neck, pinning her against the table bar. The music stopped in a be at, everyone staring at the rageous woman.

"Don't you ever touch me like that." Katherine growled, letting go of Patricia's neck.

Patricia gasped, holding her reddish neck, "You're fired!"

She grabbed her bag, she turned to grin widely at the manager, "Perfect! I was gonna' quit anyway."

It didn't took much for Katherine to pack her stuff. She's been staying at the town's Motel which is five minutes away from the bar. Temperature was starting to get lower with fall coming in. Her body shivering as she waited for Dean near the bar. Katherine's heart skipped a beat when she heard the engine of Dean's sixty seven Chevy Impala purred. Grabbing her leather maroon bag from the floor, she walked towards the parked car. Her eyes locked with Dean's as she walked by the car. Katherine leaned forward to take a pick of it's driver.