Goodbye, My Friend.

The road to Benny's tomb was days long. Taking Dean and Katherine almost three days and two nights on foot to get there. On the way there, both of them already had stole food, money and new clothes from a couple. Guess that's the downfall from camping trip, getting mugged by the starving pair.
"This better be you son of a bitch," Dean said under his breath.

Katherine watched Dean dig his way into Benny's tomb. She kept her silence observing the Winchester work. Once he found the vampire's bones, Dean slight open his wrist, continuing by reciting the Latin words of the ritual.

Benny's soul drip over his bones. Dean grunted with pain once Benny was out of his arm. Suddenly a flash light covered the ground. Making Dean and Katherine cover their eyes with their arms and hands.

"That looks painful," Katherine commented, watching Dean putting a bandanna around his arm.

Dean glared at Katherine, "Ya think?"

She rolled her eyes, spinning around and bumping into Benny's figure in front of her. She gasped, the corners of her lips turning into a wide smile. Benny returned the smile, standing only a feet away from Katherine and Dean.

"Wow," Katherine sighed, "that was fast."

"No thanks to Dean," Benny glanced at him. "The hell took you so long?"

Dean roughly scoffed, "You're welcome. Everything working?"

Benny stretched his neck, widening his mouth and flashing his fangs.

"Good enough."

"So..." Katherine stood in the middle of them, "What now?"

"Like we talked about, I guess." Dean replied.

"Then this is goodbye," Benny said.

Katherine sighed softly. She didn't know how much time they were stuck in Purgatory. But in that time Benny grew on her. He went from being a stranger vampire to someone she can actually trust. It was going to be hard seeing him go, yet, it was the smartest thing to do.

"Keep your nose clean, Benny. You hear me?" Dean spoke.

The vampire took a step forward, extending his arm and shaking Dean's.

"We made it brother, I can't believe it." Benny scoffed and hugged Dean.

"You and me both," Dean smiled, his eyes meeting Katherine's

After breaking the hug, Benny glanced at Katherine. "Come ere'."

Katherine grinned her entire way into Benny's arms. "I'm gonna miss you buddy."

"Maybe we'll meet again some day, darling."

Benny's smolder southern accent soothed her. Katherine stepped backwards, taking one last look at Benny.

"One day," Katherine replied.

They found a notebook on the bag, Dean and Katherine wrote their contact information, just in case someone needed the other.

"Call me - us," Katherine glanced at Dean before turning back to Benny. "If you need anything, just call or come by that bar."

"Sure sister," Benny winked at her, before turning and vanishing into the night.

Katherine turned back, once again meeting Dean's look. "So... I guess this goodbye."

"Hit the road with me."

Never in a thousand years Katherine thought those words would come out of Dean Winchester. Suddenly her heart started pounding like crazy.

  Suddenly her heart started pounding like crazy

"I-I can't-" Katherine tilted her head. "Your brother's is not my biggest fan."
"You're human now, Katherine." Dean said, "You lost your power."

Katherine flirted with her eyes, "I still know how to take care of myself."

Dean started at Katherine's lips for a while before hugging her.

"Be careful, you hear me?"

Katherine shut her eyes, wrapping her hands around his neck. Hugging his body tightly and taking in his musky scent. She didn't want to let go but she had to. Katherine covered her pain by faking a grin. Stepping back, Katherine licked her lips.

"Watch it, Winchester. I might start thinking you care." Katherine taunted.

Dean huffed with a wide grin, "I do."

"

They stared at each other for a while before walking different paths. Dean Winchester, bonding with the Key of Purgatory? Funny how a place so dark could make two completely opposite creatures find something in each other.