Out of The Friendzone

It's been busy the last couple days for The Winchesters and Katherine. It started with Dean's and Sam's grandfather stumbling out of their motel closet, who had traveled through time. Henry Winchester traveled all the way from 1958, thinking he would meet with his son. Instead, he met with his grandsons, and was faced with the fact that his son died a hunter instead of a Man of Letters. Sam was fond of the idea of meeting his grandfather, while Dean and Katherine weren't as joyful of the stranger.

Henry talked to them about this underground society called Men of Letters. They were impossibly smart, holding a bank of information on any supernatural being in existence. Henry said that they used to be an elite force, one that no monster would dare reckon with. Seeing that they had vanished into thin air, like the things they exterminated, made it almost impossible to believe he was telling the truth. Still, he had to audacity to say that Hunters and Men of Letters didn't compare.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Katherine asked, hopping of the Impala.

She stared at the very old and abandoned building in front of her eyes. From the outside, there was nothing special about it.

"The coordinates lead here," Sam walked by her and reached the door.

"Well," Katherine stood between Sam and Dean, "looks like nobody has been home in..." Her head tilted staring at the peculiar lock. "Sixty-five -maybe seventy- years."

Dean grabbed the golden box given to them by the last remaining Men of Letters himself.

Once opened, it revealed the peculiar key of this place. The iron door made a loud sound as it opened. The insides were pitch black, making the three of them grab their flashlights as they walked in. Dean found a generator and turned it on, bringing this place back to life.

"Wow," Katherine gasped. She wasn't expecting such a beautiful place.

Sam walked forward, staring at the old equipment, "Look at this. Ham radio, telegraph, switchboard," he scoffed with the corners of his lips curved up. The geek inside him was having a blast at this moment. "This was their nerve center."

"Henry did say that they ran dispatch on their own team of hunters." Dean said as he walked down the stairs. "Halfway through their coffee and a game of chess, looks like whoever was manning the hub left quick."

"On the alarm call that ended the men of letters." Sam said.

Katherine and Sam followed Dean's steps and walked down the stairs. Their pupils were dilated because immensity of the place.

"Well," Dean spoke, "Sammy... Kitty Kat... I think we found the bat cave."

/ / /

"This place is awesome," Katherine strolled into the library room where Sam and Dean were.

She almost laughed out loud at the sight of Dean wearing a robe that belonged to someone who is probably dead.

"Nice robe," she said with mockery in her tone.

Dean looked down to his new robe, the corner of his lip perked up. "Shut up."