Chapter Five

Mireya

After my meeting with Kaian, I was greeted by two fitness women who both looked like supermodels. Like, super fit people. One was wearing workout clothes that show off her toned stomach and the other was wearing a dress that enhanced her curves.

"At least it won't be men telling me what to do with my body," I blurted as a way of greeting.

They laughed. "Don't worry, cupcake, we will just be guiding you, not order you around. Our job is to make sure you're healthy and fit to be able to do your jobs." The one wearing a dress said. "My name is Delaney, but you can call me Laney, and I'm going to be your dietitian,"

"I'm Stasi, your very own fitness coach,"

"We're friends of Eliana, actually, she told us about you already, at least everything she knows, so far." Laney added.

"Oh, yeah, Eliana's nice." I said.

Stasi smiled. "So, what we need from you today is just a little overview of your health, and some measurements to figure out a plan that we can execute as soon as possible. If there's one thing you absolutely have to know about Kaian is that he doesn't like time wasted. So the sooner we get started, the better,"

"Ok," I said, following them as they led me to the elevator. "Do you guys do this professionally?"

"Oh yeah, she's a med school graduate and I used to coach at a university," Stasi answered.

"Oh my gosh, wow. That's girl boss kinda stuff, I wanna be you guys if I grow up,"

"Stop it!" Laney laughed. "The pay here is much better though, so when Eliana hired us? No hesitation,"

"Yup, I make ten times more than I used to make at the university,"

"Ten times? Woah,"

"I know,"

These women were making me forget all about the horrible things that happened behind the whole thing. Ten times more?

We went into another office that looked a little like a doctor's clinic but better and more feminine. Somehow, it reminded me of Eliana. Maybe it was the fur carpet and the matching throw pillows on the couch. Or the bright neon sign on the wall that said "don't give a fuck about what they say" or even the large mirror against one corner of the room that had flowers bordering the entire thing.

It was pretty and a comforting room to be in.

"Have a seat, Mireya, I'm just going to take your blood pressure,"

"Ok," I sat down and watched as Laney did what she needed to do.

Stasi told me about the room and how it came to be. It turns out, Eliana, she and Laney had been friends since they graduated college so they've known each other for quite some time. Years have gone by and they remained friends, telling each other about everything that was happening in their separate lives, going to brunches, dinners, or parties together, and never losing contact.

So when the jobs of having a personal trainer and dietitian became available, Eliana called them first and foremost.

This was the office they acquire for their work and Eliana was more than happy to pay for it, so long as she helped decorate. Needless to say, they did an amazing job.

These two women have been working for the Volkov family for five years now and they have never complained about anything ever.

That statement alone made me feel a little more comfortable with the job I was gonna get myself into. And as much as I knew my job wasn't going to be the same as theirs, it still gave me a sense of courage.