Chapter 10: The Escape

Kate's heart was pounding as she snuck through the darkened laboratory. She had managed to evade the security cameras and guards so far, but she knew it was only a matter of time before she was discovered.

As she rounded a corner, she saw a figure slumped against the wall. It was Sophia! Kate rushed over to her and gently shook her, trying to wake her up.

"Sophia, come on, we have to get out of here!" Kate whispered urgently.

Sophia groaned and slowly opened her eyes. "Kate? What's going on?"

"We have to leave, now. Can you walk?"

Sophia nodded weakly and Kate helped her to her feet. They stumbled down the hallway, their footsteps echoing in the silence. Suddenly, the door at the end of the corridor burst open and the mad scientist appeared, brandishing a weapon.

"Stop right there!" he shouted. "You're not going anywhere."

Kate tried to push Sophia behind her, but the scientist aimed the weapon at them both. Kate's mind raced as she tried to think of a way out of this. She knew she had to act fast.

With a sudden burst of speed, Kate tackled the scientist and knocked the weapon out of his hand. They grappled on the ground, fighting for control. Sophia stumbled away, dazed and confused.

Kate managed to get the upper hand and pinned the scientist to the ground. "Where's the memory thief?" she demanded.

"I'll never tell you!" he spat.

Kate glared at him. "Fine. Then you can stay here and rot."

She punched him in the face, knocking him out cold. Kate helped Sophia to her feet and they continued their escape, hoping they weren't too late to save their memories.

As they ran through the corridors, Kate couldn't help but think about the night they had spent together. She remembered the feel of Sophia's skin against hers, the way she had kissed her, and the way they had made each other feel.

She also knew what she wanted to do the next time they slept together, if they made it out of this alive.

Finally, they reached the exit and burst out into the night air, gasping for breath. They were free, for now.