Chapter 12: Bits and Pieces of the Past

The memories Sophia has regained are hazy and incomplete, but they're enough to give her hope. She tells Kate what she remembers, and together they piece together more of Sophia's past.

As they drive down the highway, Sophia's memories flood back in waves. She remembers her childhood home, the friends she had before she met Kate, and the early days of their relationship. But there are still gaps in her memory, moments that are just out of reach.

Kate listens to Sophia's memories, her heart swelling with love and tenderness. She takes Sophia's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.

"It's okay, we'll fill in the gaps together," Kate says, her voice soft and reassuring.

Sophia turns to her, a smile playing on her lips.

"I love you, Kate," she says, her eyes shining with emotion.

"I love you too, Sophia," Kate replies, her voice trembling.

As they continue down the highway, Kate can't help but think about what she wants to do with Sophia the next time they sleep together. She's been fantasizing about it ever since they first made love, and the idea of it sends shivers down her spine.

But for now, they need to focus on getting Sophia's memories back. Kate drives with determination, her mind focused on the task at hand.

They pull up to a gas station to refuel, and as Kate steps out of the car, she notices a figure in the distance. It's the mad scientist.

Kate freezes, her heart racing as she watches the scientist approach. She knows she needs to act fast if they want to escape.

She turns back to the car, shouting at Sophia to get out and run. But before they can move, the scientist is upon them.

Kate reaches for the stun gun she keeps in her pocket, but the scientist is too quick. She grabs it from Kate's hand and turns it on her, sending a jolt of electricity through her body.

Kate falls to the ground, her vision going dark. She can feel the scientist's grip on her, dragging her towards the lab.

She struggles to fight back, but her body is weak. As they reach the door of the lab, Kate's vision fades to black, and she knows that Sophia is still trapped inside.