Chapter 18: Lost Memories

Kate woke up in a cold sweat, her heart racing as she realized something was wrong. She couldn't remember the events of the previous day clearly, and her head was throbbing with a dull ache. Panic set in as she struggled to recall what had happened to her.

Then, it hit her. The memory thief had struck again. Kate knew that her memories had been stolen from her while she was in the lab. The thought made her stomach turn with dread.

She quickly got dressed and found Sophia, who was still sleeping soundly. Kate gently shook her awake and told her what had happened.

Sophia's eyes widened with alarm as she realized the gravity of the situation. Together, they made a plan to track down the memory thief and get their stolen memories back.

They knew it wouldn't be easy, but they were determined to fight for their memories and their future together. They packed their bags, grabbed their weapons, and set off on their mission.

As they drove towards the next lead, Kate couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness and loss. She knew that the memories stolen from her were irreplaceable and that she might never be able to remember them again.

But she also knew that she had Sophia by her side, and together they could face anything. They were determined to find the memory thief and put an end to their wicked scheme once and for all.