Search for the Best

"Wh-what even are you?!"

The manticore had never seen such a foul being in his long life. Not even his father or mother could compare to the horror that has appeared in Greece. And he was foolish enough to attack the golden beast.

To which he quickly learned how far outclassed he was when his claws could not even pierce it's golden scales. The dragon's body having advanced far beyond the strength of any high-class being after his fight with Igneel.

For his height is not the only thing that increases when he devours others. His whole body is enhanced. His bones become denser, his scales grow more unyielding, and his senses are heightened. Allowing him to rise the ranks of power permanently.

Thus, even if his aura does not reflect his rank of ultimate-class, his body always will. Something that the Manticore did not take into account when he attacked the seemingly weak dragon. After all, he has slain far bigger prey with his poisonous tail.

However, he doesn't have his tail anymore. Not when Ghidorah ripped it from his body with sadistic glee after realizing that it could harm him. Leaving the once proud manticore cowering before Monster Zero as he stammered out his disbelief

"I go by many names, little lion." The third head of the golden dragon purred out. His draconic voice sending shivers throughout the manticores body. "And none of them matter to dead men." His first head finished when the manticore was impaled and crushed by his spiked tail.

Shaking off the remains of the son of Typhon and Echidna from his tail, Ghidorah moved his attention toward the large mountain in the distance. One that is practically overflowing with divinity. And another mountain, almost as large as the first one, emitting a foreboding aura.

Both of which would normally dissuade anyone with malicious intent from messing with them but it has the opposite effect on Ghidorah. Who practically drooled when he first sensed them upon his arrival in this land of degeneracy.

Forcing himself to look away, Ghidorah continued his search on foot. Trying to use his sense of smell to locate the reason upon his arrival here. But so far he has come up empty handed. The whereabouts of the Titan of magic has remained unknown to him.

Yes, the reason he is here is for Hecate. The one's whos mastery over magic is known far and wide but in resent centuries has become less renowned. All because of her 'replacement' who has taken her spotlight. That being Circe, the goddess of magic.

Yet, that doesn't take away from the Titan's skill. Thus, Ghidorah has decided that she will be the one to teach him magic. His pride as a dragon would allow for no one but the best and she is indeed one of the best. Along with Loki and Circe.

Two individuals that Ghidorah would rather not get involved with. The latter because of her high standing with the Greek Gods. Making her infinitely harder to reach than Hecate, a titan with no allies. And Loki because... he's Loki.

Besides, Hecate is in a tight spot right now. Something that Ghidorah will take great pleasure in exploiting.

The smirks that made their way onto his faces sent waves of dread upon the near by monsters.

...

The Gods had no idea how dangerous demon that arrived on their shores was. Nor did they even notice him. The three-headed dragon stuck to the ground to avoid Zeus's gaze and stayed away from the sea. Which required a level of cunning that Hecate had never seen in a dragon.

But she knew about him far before he arrived in this land. As a divine being, she could sense his desire to meet her as soon as he had the thought. Surprising her at first, as it has been a long time sense anyone had any intent for her.

But she was no fool. Dragons are selfish and cruel creatures that would commit countless atrocities without blinking an eye... something that Dragons and Gods have in common, she knew.

So, she only watched him from behind the myriad of spells that concealed her. And after weeks of him still searching for her, she decided to reveal herself to him. Knowing that sooner or later the fools on Olympus would notice him and she would miss out on this opportunity.

When she finally did, she could not stop herself from admiring his form. No matter how many times she had witnessed it before, she, nor anyone else, could ignore the respect and fear that his king-like presence commanded. Something that not even Zeus, who was stronger than Ghidorah, possessed.

"There you are, witch... in the shadows." Ghidorah's voice echoed in her ears upon him instantly noticing her.

She watched him slowly stalk over to her location on top of a small cliff. His blood-red eyes staring deep into her soul and she dared not look back at them.

Instead shifting her gaze toward the crown of horns on each of his heads. Each crown possessing ten horns, she noted.

When he finally reached her, he seemed to appraise her. His eyes looking over her form. First at her black hair and emerald green eyes before gazing at her dark robes that concealed her form. She looked to a be middle-aged woman, as the sun was still high in the sky.

"Have you finished hiding, titan? I wondered when you would." Ghidorah pondered as his middle head pulled in close to her figure. Making her shiver at the close proximity.

"Only a fool would meet one as mighty as you without knowing what you wanted." Hecate answered. Still unable to meet his eyes.

"Oh? And what has your research yielded, Titan of the night?" Ghidorah asked. His twin tails rattling in the background.

"You need something, do you not? I have seen your ability to devour the energy of your foes and as you can sense, I do not posses much power. Therefor, you must need something beyond that. Something that could make you wait for me to show myself." Hecate reasoned.

Her logic caused Ghidorah to chuckle. A deep and horrid sound that caused Hecate to take a step back.

"Yes, indeed." Ghidorah admitted. "However, It's not something grand or troublesome. It's quite a simple task for someone like you, I'm sure."

Raising an eyebrow, Hecate probed. "And what is it that you want?"

Whatever she was expecting to come out of his mouth was not what did, not at all.

"Magic. Teach it to me."