The Olympians

At the top of the greatest mountain in Greece, a meeting is taking place. A gathering of the gods and by the sound of it, it is not going well.

"So this... 'thing' is the one you spoke of? Seriously? He does not seem that 'world-endy' to me. If anything, he barely warrants our attention!"

The booming voice of the War God resounded throughout the throne room. The irritation in his voice was something that most of the Olympians could relate to.

For the past 50 years, they have been pestered by Apollo about this supposed end of Olympus and yet nothing happened. Then finally, this 'Three-Headed Devil' appears. Only for it to be a pale imitation of what Apollo spoke of.

Who was distraught at this event. This could not be right. The dragon who has haunted his dreams for half a century was not this weak. Not even close and he could not understand why. How could a being of this weak rise to that of the Heavenly Dragon from his prophecy?

"Y-No!" They can't be the same. "They are indeed similar but the one in my vision was far greater than this dragon. Maybe it has a parent?" He whispered at the end. Trying to make sense of it all.

They all heard his whispers and knew that it must be something of the like. Apollo's prophecies are never wrong and in a few moments, this fact was proven true when Ghidorah devoured Charybdis and Scylla. His growing power alarmed the ones present.

"A parasite..." Dionysus drawled. His chubby face scrunching in distaste.

The other gods had similar reactions except for Poseidon and Ares. One of them was just uninterested in the subject but remained watchful and the other was because he simply wanted to fight the beast. His opinion on the matter did a 180 as his blood lust filled the room.

Athena on the other hand was very concerned. That sheer potential the golden dragon just showed was terrifying. Jumping all the way up from low ultimate class to high ultimate class in a single meal was insane. Especially when his meal was not even stronger than him.

What kind of power would he gain from devouring an individual of greater strength? What are his limits? Questions like these flooded her mind. This was unlike anything she had ever seen. Not even the vampires could compare and they were infamous for it.

"Heh Hah! I take it back! This will be fun!" Ares bellowed as he stood from his throne. "I will take it upon myself to fight this beast and kill it before it can ascend further." He lied. He would rather let the dragon come as close as possible to his power to have a real fight.

And Athena could tell. Ares never used so many words unless he was trying to hide something and that scared her. This could be how the golden dragon lays waste upon Greece. All because of her brothers' arrogance.

"No, you won't." She could not let that happen.

Turning to face his sister, Ares growled. "What did you say?"

His intent focused on Athena as she felt his raging aura wash over her. Standing, she responded equally. Her calm aura contrasts with Ares and pushes it back. Only for him to increase the pressure and turn it to a standstill. Their power as representations of two different sides of war being more or less even.

But before it could escalate further than that, their goldy sense picked up another presence near the Golden Demise. One that they knew well. Focusing on the event, they observed the formidable Kraken rise out of the sea and challenge Ghidorah.

Bringing a frown to the face of Zeus. The sea monster is a painful reminder of his late son, Perseus, who fell at the hands of the Kraken after the head of Medusa proved ineffective. A pity. he quite liked that demigod. Almost as much as Hercules.

However, Zeus moved his attention toward the current situation.

The Golden Dragon must be dealt with but his current power was of no threat. Yet, a part of him wanted Ghidorah to be. It has been so long since he has experienced the joy of battle after all.

Summoning his Master Bolt, Zeus smote the center of the throne room. Gathering the attention of his most powerful subjects. "Athena, you seem like you have a plan. Debrief us, if you will." He asked. His face is devoid of emotion.

Sharing an eerie resemblance with his older brother, Poseidon. Both of them possess the same body type, tall and muscular, with Zeus possessing white hair and storm grey eyes; and Poseidon possessing olden-blond hair and light blue eyes. The only real difference between them is their temperaments.

But this is good. His normal happy-go-lucky personality would have doomed them. It has before. This version of Zeus, that appears only when he is serious, may be able to understand the danger that the dragon poses and maybe, just maybe, they can avoid the prophecy.

She had to try. "Of course, father." She bowed her head. "The power of this monster is phenomenal and there is no telling how strong he can truly become. Therefore, I suggest that we end it's threat before it can begin."

The one who spoke up first was Demeter. "Are you saying that we should smite it? That would be a beacon to all of our enemies that we, the Greek GODS, feared a single dragon! That we have grown weak!" Her tone was as Incredulous as it was indignant.

A sentiment that was shared with Ares, Dionysus, Aphrodite, and Artemis. Who voiced their agreement with the Harvest Goddess. Filling the throne room with noise as they gave their own plans. Each is as ridiculous as the last.

Ignoring them, Athena watched her father intently. Knowing that he held the only real power here and that whatever he decided is what will happen. Thus, she reinforced her words with another speech when Zeus seemed to listen to her foolish family.

"Have you all forgotten what the last 'parasite' was able to do?" She laced her voice with her power. Drawing the attention back to her. "Must I remind you of the tyranny of Dracula? Who made the world fear the night like never before?"

The mere mention of his name was enough to bring reason back to them. It has been centuries since that abomination was slain and even now no one dared to harm his kin. Even though there was not a single faction that did not despise those bloodsuckers.

"And what of it?" Yet, one remained unfazed.

She paled. For the one who spoke was none other than the god titled The Most Fearsome God. Slowly turning toward him, Athena could feel his eyes bore into her soul. His incontrollable aura drowned the room in his presence and any hope of getting Zeus to end the threat now was non-existent.

"Are we not gods? Beings of absolute power?" He scoffed. "We have not need for schemes. No need to fear anything. For such are the Gods. And if we must destroy this dragon, then we will do so without piety plots. We will do so with our divine might."

His words were indisputable. None dared to deify him. Not when he alone is a shining pillar of what a divine being should be. Having never siphoned power from his many worshippers and still stands as the third strongest Greek god with his power alone.

And is the only person Zeus truly respects in this court and that is why Athena knew it was over. Rising from his throne, Zeus cast his judgment.

"The monster will die by my hand." Zeus proclaimed. Bringing smiles to Apollo and Athena's faces. Daring to hope.

And a moment later, those smiles disappeared when Zeus snapped his fingers and created a hologram that displayed the clash between the two titans. "Which monster that is, will be decided by the outcome of that battle."

It is a win-win for him. Either way, the Kraken that killed his son will die and if Ghidorah wins then he will have an epic battle to enjoy. Ending both his boredom and the threat to his kingdom. A win-win, indeed.

Sharing a look with Apollo, Athena grimaced. This was not wise. That dragon has a good chance of being able to defeat Zeus if the last increase in his power was anything to go by and after devouring the Kraken and Zeus, no one in Greece could stop him from feasting on them as well.

That is why she must plan for the worst-case scenario... and she just so happens to know about a weakness that all dragons have. One she will viscously exploit to protect her home. Her wayward family.