Chapter 11

"Ikaria?" Rhynn's voice was low and raspy on the other side of my bathroom door. "Did you... Did you mean to send that?"

     Fuck.

     "Send what?" I felt a false sense of confidence take over me.

     "Oh, I don't know," his voice cracked slightly as his voice lowered to a near whisper. "A message that said you wanted me to shower with you?"

     I cringed. And then my heart rate spiked because... Well, he was here. Outside of my bathroom. Wanting to join me.

     I cleared my throat. "Well... do you?"

     Rhynn opened the door in answer, and my eyes instantly took him in. His gaze was both warm and dark. Glittering, almost serpent-like.

     I had a bathrobe wrapped around my body, the hot water of the shower already running behind me. Steam was filling the room, leaving little droplets of condensation on the mirror.

     "The fan," Rhynn murmured.

     "What?" I asked in confusion, my eyes half-lowered in lust.

     He approached me with an impassive face and leaned forward, reaching his arm out to-

     To turn on the fan for the bathroom.

     "I- Oh," I stuttered, clutching the bathrobe tighter around my body. Disappointment fluttered in my stomach. "Is that another one of Deseric's rules?" My voice cracked. 

     Rhynn grinned. "You're catching on quickly." But he didn't back away, instead remaining directly in front of me. Achingly close. 

     I found myself answering his smile with a coy one of my own. "What other bathroom-related rules does he have?" The lust still hadn't gone away. It felt like it was tangibly buzzing under my skin, especially at the close proximity of the Shifter. 

     Rhynn's eyes searched mine, as if looking for the answer to a question neither of us had asked. He made a decision and leaned over me, pushing my back to the bathroom wall. Not ungently. Enough to be considerate of my newly-budding wings. A smile played at his lips, and a rough hand came up alongside my body, one of his fingers toying at the lapel of my bathrobe. "Mmm. Well, for starters, there's a strict 'No-clothes-in-the-bathroom-rule.'"

     I gasped dramatically, my heart rate uncontrollable. "No clothes? You're for sure making that one up."

     Rhynn shook his head seriously. "No, it's for real. You could step out of the bathroom and go ask the guys. They'd tell you the same thing as me. Des thinks it ruins clothes. Although, I suppose that might be exclusively his rule, but-"

     "Mmmm," I sighed dramatically before ducking under his arms. "Well I don't feel like walking out there in my bathrobe and asking the others to verify that." I felt that buzzing again, the lust pulling at my senses and demanding more. "But... Since you're so scared of Des' rules, why don't you be the first to start?"

     Now Rhynn was the one to look confused. "Start...?"

     I gave him a saccharine smile. "Stripping."

     The Shifter's lips tugged upwards in surprise. I thought I saw a hint of fangs, but they were gone at the next moment, because his head ducked down to work at the buttons of his shirt. 

     I mean, I didn't think he wouldn't back away from the challenge, but... I wasn't prepared for the luxury of watching Rhynn strip for me. With every button, my gods-damned mouth watered. I was no vamp, but I would run my tongue and teeth over his chest any day of the week. Cut like a god, as I anticipated. But when Rhynn began unbuckling his belt, my confidence dropped.