Chapter 12

This was stupid and foolish and a whole host of things that were ultimately un-safe. 

     I walked out of my room, careful not to make the floorboards creak and alert the others to my whereabouts. I flicked my gaze nervously in the direction of Steele and Shane's rooms, hearing nothing but a faint snoring from the latter's bedroom.

     I wasn't expecting Rhynn's quarters to be so... chaotic. I slipped past the door, my fae sight granting me enough vision to make out a large pile of shiny things in the centre of the room. Of what, I can't tell, but I got the distinct feeling that I shouldn't touch them. Rhynn's sleeping form was curled in the centre of his circular bed.

     His eyes snapped open, glowing that red shade in the darkness.

     "Ikaria?" he murmured. "What are you doing here?" He sat up in bed, his chest exposed.

     I thought carefully about what I was going to say next. "I wanted to know if you were interested in finishing what we started."

     His eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What do you mean?"

     I strode forward, my gait displaying more confidence than I was feeling. "You never got to finish," I whispered. "I wanted to rectify that."

     Rhynn's eyes glowed a deeper shade of crimson. "Ikaria, I don't need to-"

     "I want this," I whispered. So much held in that tiny statement. I feel safe with you, I wanted to say. For one of the first times in a long time.

     "Are you sure?" Rhynn's voice rasped.

     "Yes." I crawled across his bed until my body was in his lap. His hands rested over my skin like he was afraid I was going to bolt through the door. Rhynn tilted my chin up so that those dark, glowing eyes stared penetratingly into mine. "We do this, there's no going back. If the others found out, they-"

     "I don't want to think about the others," I interrupted. "And if they found out, I don't care."

     "I do," Rhynn murmured, tracing my jaw with his fingers. "They could find some very creative ways to hurt us if they found out."

     "So?" I was beyond stopping at this point. "Let them."

     Rhynn's mouth curved upwards dangerously. "Oh, Ikaria, I like you."

     Our lips clashed together, and my breath stuttered. Kissing him in the shower was one thing. But in his bed? While straddling his lap?

     Gods, I could live in this moment forever. I felt his tongue brush up against mine as our kiss grew deeper. His mouth seemed to morph into mine until I couldn't decipher whose was whose. We both let out gasps as we ground against each other.

     "Ikaria," Rhynn murmured as my lips moved to his neck. I nipped at the sensitive skin beneath one of his ears.

     "Mm?" I asked.

     "I want to fuck. Immediately."

     "We're on the same page," I answered breathily, shedding my thin nightshirt and tossing it to the ground.

     Our movements became frenzied as our hands groped at every bit of exposed skin, learning each other just as we had in the shower. This time, I wanted to feel him - all of him - inside of me.

     I pushed the blanket off of him, thrilled to see that he was bare from the waist down. I slid out of my flimsy sleep shorts, and without further ado, sheathed him inside of me. We both released low moans as we adjusted to the feel of one another. A sound slipped out of my throat, and Rhynn gently placed a hand over my mouth. "Hush, if you can," his voice was a challenge, "We don't want the others to hear, do we?"

     I nodded my head fervently as we began to move as one. Rhynn watched my face in awe as I began to shift my hips to ride him. "Fuck," he exhaled, thrusting his hips up to meet mine, "You're so wet."

     I let out a quiet, keening sound as we picked up our pace. Rhynn's fingers slipped down to the space between us, finding my clit. He chuckled darkly as I squirmed towards his touch. Our movements became frantic and heated.

     A slip of magic flicked around us, a thin shred of red light that wove around Rhynn's body and mine. I stared at it in awe as Rhynn picked up the pace between my legs, his fingers and cock moving in delicious tandem.

     "Fuck," I whimpered, "You do that so well."

     "Yeah?" Rhynn teased. "You like that, Ikaria?" He didn't need my words to hear my answer as I grew closer and closer to the edge of my pleasure.

     Rhynn's eyes surveyed my expression greedily. "You take my cock so well," he purred over my skin. "Can you take my cum, too?"

     My eyes locked onto his, startled into surprise at his dirty words. They were enough to push me over the edge and into oblivion. My body tensed in his arms, and his fingers continued stroking my clit deftly as we rode out my orgasm.

     He grunted against my lips and gasped. I felt him churn inside of me as he found his pleasure too, my muscles contracting around him in the aftershocks.

     I let out a sigh of pleasure as my body collapsed across his chest. We groaned, both of us sensitive and spent. 

     Rhynn stared at me with an unidentifiable emotion over his face.

     "What?" I asked, allowing myself to fit into the curve of his side. Some instinct I couldn't place told me that Rhynn was a cuddler.

     "You," Rhynn whispered into the dark of his room, "Are devastating."

     I smiled smugly. "The sentiment goes both ways." I gazed up into his eyes, watching as the red tendrils of magic flicked around us, fading slowly.

     "What is it?" I asked him, my fingers reaching at the glowing wisps. They faded to nothingness. 

     "Truthfully?" Rhynn said, looking down at me with a puzzled expression, "I have absolutely no idea. It's never happened before."

     When I slipped out of his bedroom an hour or so later to return to my own bed, I knew instinctively that I would be returning.

     I smiled to myself. Perhaps ten years of this won't be so bad after all.