10: New Demons

1079 AP (after Phoenix)
White Wolf 17th
Northern Newcastle

Aiden is rubbing his eyes in irritation having been teleported by Petra who is also joining him and Roxanne.

"The village shouldn't be far, let's go." Roxanne says taking point with Aiden and Petra following.

Aiden adjusts his scabbard nervously looking around.

"Aiden relax, if there's anything wrong we'll sense it." Athorazen states confidently but truthfully.

Aiden hums lowly which doesn't go unnoticed by Petra.

"You and Athorazen arguing again?" Petra asks rather casually.

Aiden replies with a clear no though Athorazen appears on one side of his face.

"Aiden here is just nervous, I'm simply trying to motivate him." Athorazen states with Aiden growling with displeasure.

Petra chuckles lightly finding great amusement in the two having their brotherly squabbles.

"A kind gesture Athorazen, continue it." Petra kindly orders.

"Yes ma'am." Athorazen agrees much to Aiden's dismay.

Roxanne continues leading the way down the snowy path with the chain of her morningstar whip clinking with each step. Roxanne sees a rather poorly made sign of directions but she is more concerned with the monstrous looking footstep before her.

Roxanne kneels down tracing the footprint as it has the shape of a giant insect but there are clear scorch marks in the print.

"Is everything okay master Argint?" Petra asks cautiously at the ready.

"Just confused is all, we'll press on but be ready for anything." Roxanne says grabbing her morningstar whip pressing on.

The walk to the town feels rather tense, especially for Aiden and Athorazen as they can both sense some form of demonic presence.

They arrive at the town which is practically a straight up massacre with bodies being spread throughout.

"Damn it, looks like we were too late, Aiden?" Roxanne asks wanting to know what he's sensing.

"There's definitely a demonic presence here but it doesn't feel like a normal Demon... It feels more... Wild and angry." Aiden explains with clear confusion as to what he's sensing.

Petra cautiously investigates some of bodies as most of them have been slaughtered wildly. She hears a faint gasp as she quickly turns in the direction of gasp with her shield formulating before her face.

However she is met with kind, innocent yet terrified eyes seeing a little boy and girl no older than eight perhaps.

"Oh hey it's okay I'm not gonna hurt you." Petra says soothingly, well her best attempt at it.

The children hiding themselves remain silent clearly terrified of whatever caused the massacre of the village. Roxanne and Aiden arrive seeing the situation.

"Hey there you two." Roxanne soothingly greets getting on her stomach becoming eye to eye with them. "We're only here to help young ones, let's get you two out of here."

The children look calm but their eyes as something big lands behind the trio. Aiden quickly turns but is smacked by the creature's front leg as he skits across the ground rather violently.

Roxanne and Petra look at the insect creature clearly being a praying mantis of sorts but it's skin is charcoal like and looks much meaner than usual.

Roxanne sends out her morningstar connecting with it's face taking a good chunk but it quickly regenerates.