14: Familial Confrontation

1079 AP (after Phoenix)
White Wolf 21st
Elvaria

Lex at the moment is riding next to Deiratos and the other elves with Hyga and Delion taking up the rear with Ayra being between the two groups.

"Everything alright down there?" Lex directs to Jiri as she's hanging from the side of Robyn.

"I suppose, though it's a bit strange being in this position, I'm by no means complaining as I much rather this than being stuck in that tree." Jiri replies as Lex feels she change her mind later on.

Lex cracks his back with some difficulty and decides to try making conversation with Deiratos.

"So... You were dead once?" Lexington asks rather bluntly with Deiratos slowly looking towards him with a judging stare.

"Yeah?" Deiratos asks in confusion from how random the question.

"I just uh... What was that like?" Lexington questions realizing he may of dug himself a hole.

Deiratos' hand shakes remembering the moments before death took him. He grabs his hand to calm himself but Lex does notice this.

"If you're asking weather or not I remember being in some sort of afterlife then no, if I was in one? I don't remember." Deiratos replies clearly not keen on remembering those moments.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked." Lexington states riding up ahead and next to Mason.

Lex still isn't sure what to think of his uncle as part of him is skeptical due to the fact his own father never really cared to mention the fact he had a sibling.

"So I think you owe me the story of what happened between my dad and you." Lexington says though he can see Mason is a bit reluctant.

"It's... Not a pleasant topic nephew." Mason replies.

Lexington goes to reply when his and many other mounts neigh loudly and stop in their tracks and stomping about panicking.

"Easy girl you're alright." Lexington says soothingly and hops off arriving at the front finding Kylia and her direwolf who's growling with her tail up.

Lexington looks in the direction of Kylia's direwolf seeing a hooded man standing in the middle of the path as he can't make out much.

"He's a member of the Crow tribe, he shouldn't be here, they're never this far south." Kylia points out to Lex.

Lex nods and cautiously walks up the path towards the hooded elf.

"Is there a reason you're standing in the middle of the path?" Lexington asks politely in elven not wanting to start a fight.

The hooded elf tilts his head hearing a human speaking elven.

"A human that speaks near perfect elven? Quite a sight indeed, I'm simply trying to determine if you're a threat or not as you're encroaching on Crow tribe territory." He replies leaving Lex somewhat perplexed.

"I thought the Crow tribe resided up north?"

The hooded elf scoffs lightly as he lowers his hood showing medium length blonde hair as Lex catches a glimpse of a crest, the same crest as the Huntsman organization.

"The Crows moved down South thanks to a brigade of Demons." He replies noticing the Huntsman insignia on Lex's armor. "What's your name Huntsman?"

Lex stares at the elf for a moment and decides to oblige.

"Lexington Hunter, I thought all the elven Huntsman died in the war between Aelton and Elvaria?" Lexington questions as the fellow Huntsman paces about.