Prolouge

People are not born equal.

Some are born Special, to be destined for greatness.

While some are not, born without any power or talent.

I, Katsuki Bakugo, are a Special person, destined for greatness.

At least, that's what everyone around me said.

"Congratulations! You have a very powerful quirk! I'm sure you are destined for greatness!" The quirk doctor said.

"Wow! Katsuki! You have such a powerful quirk! You really are amazing!"
"Yeah! Katsuki's just really different from us! He's Special!
"I'm sure with a powerful quirk like that, you can become the strongest hero, Katsuki!" My classmates said.

"Such a strong quirk, you really are the greatest student in our school!"
"What a talented child, I'm sure no matter what you do, you'll be at the top of everything!"
"You are the honor of our school!" The Principals and Teachers of the school I goes to said.

And it's not just them, our neighbors and everyone that knows me always praised me, saying I'm Special and destined for greatness.

That's why I start to believed them...
That's why I start to think I'm actually something...
A Special person...

But then she appeared...

"You have a cool quirk, Katsuki. Let's be friends."

She said, after defeating me and putting me in the ground.

That was the first time someone said that to me... "Let's be friends..." with a smiled on their face.

At first I didn't accept it, I continue to fight with her, hoping that someday I'll become strong enough to defeat her but she was too strong, too damn strong.

I always get my ass beat and by the look on her face, she doesn't even look like she tried.

After knowing I can't beat her in a physical fight, I challenged her in academic terms.

I once again got defeated.
She's smart, too damn smart for her own good.

Knowing that I can't beat her in a physical and academic fight, I attack her in a different way.

I started to bully her, say hurtful things to her and even humiliated her.

But all she does is accept it and smiled at me.

"Will you become friends with me?" She asked as she held out her hand for me to take, just after a I exploded her notebook, dump a bucket of trash on her and say hurtful things to her.

What? Does she not care about everything I did? Why in the World does she still want to be friends with me? Why a bastard like me?

I thought in confusion as I stared at her but after seeing her smiling face and determine expression, I finally realized something.

She is Special.

And I am never was. It's just that everyone around me is so delusional that I've become delusional myself.

She is Special not because of her damn powerful quirk, not because of her damn high intelligence, not because of her talents...

She is Special, solely on the fact that she does not even once doubt herself and never look down at anyone.

Unlike me who start to changed, just because I think I'm someone Special.

"Tch! You win... Alright! I'll become your friend!" I shouted to her in an angry tone but a smiled form on my lips.

"But don't get too cocky! I'll train hard! Harder than anyone else and someday... I'll make sure to defeat you!" I declared with a firm determination and resolved.

"Hehe, mm. I'll be waiting for that day, Katsuki." She said as she let out a cute giggle and smiled at me.

And that's when everything changes for my life.