Chapter 16-"Forever Family"

(9 Weeks Later...)

Y/N: "U-Ugh..."

Y/N lets out a tired groan with his eyes starting to slowly open back up again, finding himself in a bed of a room he's never seen before. He rubs his eyes and sits up on the bed to have a look around, seeing an open window with the sun shining and wind blowing in, a drawer in the left corner with numerous flowers on top, a couple pictures hung up on the walls, and a closet on the right. The boy couldn't believe it, he was still alive..!

Y/N: "Dios mio... I-I'm still alive..?"

He tries to get off the bed but struggles to do so, his body feeling quite weak which only allows him to sit up instead. Y/N looks at his arm and lets out a gasp at seeing it, looking quite a little pale somewhat and even noticing a bit of his bones.

Y/N: "Right... I burnt up almost all of my calories when I ran that fast, if I did that again, I might not be able to come back..."

Y/N looks to his side and sees a little table next to the bed with pot of colorful flowers on top along with numerous "Get Well!" notes belonging to some of the villagers and the kids which makes him let out a chuckle. He then notices that there were no cards from the girls, his girls which immediately makes start moving again.

Y/N: "The girls! I need to-- WHOA!"

He falls off the bed and faceplants onto the hard floor with a thud. Y/N lets out a groan and tries to push himself back up, not hearing the sound of the door opening and a gasp.

???: "Y/N! You're awake!"

Y/N: "Wha..?"

Y/N turns to the voice and his eyes widen to see Mariano Guzman, the man who was supposed to marry Isabela in an arranged marriage a couple months ago until it was called off by Alma due to well, Isabela loving him instead and being pregnant his baby too.

Y/N: "M-Mariano?"

Mariano: "Come on amigo, let me help you up!"

Mariano walks over to the boy and helps him up to his feet, putting his arm over the big man's shoulder. Y/N himself is quite surprised by this, not expecting his former love rival to be this nice to him for making him lose one of the most beautiful girls in the Encanto.

Y/N: "W-What are you doing here?"

Mariano: "Heh, Y/N, this is my home. You've been staying here for nine weeks."

Y/N: "I have been out for nine weeks?!"

Mariano: "Yeah, it's crazy man, we thought you might not make it but look at you! You pulled through."

Y/N: "W-Well, mostly.. Almost all of my calories are gone and I'm feeling very, very, veeery thirsty and hungry right now."

Mariano: "Ah! You woke up just in time, my mama and Sofia are currently preparing food right now. You want me to take you there?"

Y/N: "Oh yes please.."

Mariano lets out a laugh at Y/N's answer and he starts to slowly move him out the room and into the hallway of his home. As they move through the hallway of Mariano's home, the boy turns to the big man.

Y/N: "Mariano, c-can I ask you question?"

Mariano: "Sure, what is it you want to ask?"

Y/N: "Why are you being... nice to me? I mean, I stole Isabela away from you and I'd thought you'd be mad at me for that."

Mariano: "(Sighs) I was definitely heartbroken when Senora Alma came to tell me and my mama that the arranged marriage was off, saying that Isabela was in loved with you instead... but I wasn't really mad. It was pretty clear that Isabela didn't want marry me and I respected her decision, I didn't want her to be in a unhappy marriage, one where she didn't ask for.."