Ahoy! We are Castaways!... (Wind, Hyrule and Four)

This song is so cute and has been stuck in my head for the past 24 hours. I also pictured Wind, Hyrule and Four singing it while adrift in the Great Sea separated from the chain.

~~~

Blue surrounded the trio from every angle. 

Their peripheral all blue, save for the brown of their hopefully sturdy raft and the bright green of Hyrule's tunic strung up on the tiny mast of their boat, fabric swaying with the wind. They sat with their backs against it: Wind, Hyrule and Four, legs crossed with tired arms resting on their knees. Miles over yonder Wind could still see the isolated isle they'd managed to escape from, it's sandy beaches growing further and further away until it was a yellow smudge soiling the horizon.

Salty air filled their lungs, calm waves lapped stubbornly just shy of worn leather boots and the slow creaking of old wood sounded underneath. They were alone, drifting in a place unknown and an agonizing watery death awaited them just a few centimetres ahead.

Wind should be afraid, should be feeling lingering anxiety mounting on itself every second that passed with any sign of help, should be diligently surveying the horizon for even the faintest smudge. But he wasn't.

To be fair we was looking carefully for rescuers, his stomach ached and his mouth was drier than the Gerudo desert- a couple days of little to no water and food will do that to anyone. Even a hero.

That's the thing, he wasn't alone by himself, he was alone with friends. Every sigh, every cough, every time a slightly-too-warm damp shoulder nudged his, it was a reminder that they were in this together.

Smiling defiantly at a blistering sun, cruelly reflected off of deceptively calm water, he started it sing with what little energy hadn't been sapped away.

"Castaways, we are castaways
Ahoy there, ahoy, we are castaways,"

his voice was hoarse and a lot to be desired, but that wasn't the reason his companions tore their eyes from the monochrome landscape to glance quizzically his way,

"We're stuck where we are
With no house, no car
Castaways, ahoy, we are castaways

We were out at sea on a sailing ship
The rain began to rain and the wind began to whip
We felt the ship tip, it was going down
So we launched our lifeboat so we wouldn't drown."

"Castaways, we are castaways."

The tiny sailor spun around when they gleefully joined in, grinning brighter than the glaring orb above. They shared his smile, if only with a little less energy.

"Ahoy there, ahoy, we are castaways
On an island at sea
Just me, me, and me
Castaways, we are castaways."

Their tuneful SOS song rippled across azure waves and bounced between fluffy clouds floating too high, if they could see the fish swimming below them perhaps they'd catch them dancing. Wind guided them through the lyrics over and over, after each rendition a little vocal flare from Hyrule was added and Four steadily worked out a pretty complex beat, rhythmically tapping the mast.

A sort of peaceful limbo washed over the group, all unsure of the passage of time, no longer rooted by the sky's movements but the harmony following the next verse. Maybe they were going mad, and maybe Hyrule was just hallucinating the brown smudge with faint red and white smeared above it. Still, when he pointed it to the others they all collapsed into laughter, clinging to each other in a triumphant circle around the mast, happily shouting:

"Castaways! Ahoy! We are castaways!"

....

Later when they're rescued...

"Sailor...what's a car?" Four asked.

Wind shrugged. "Dunno man, that's just the lyrics."

~~~

Thanks for reading! This is my first songfic...huh.

Word count: 600