31

Aaron's POV

A few minutes went by.
"Colby is he doin ok?" I asked. No response. "Colby?" I asked a little more concerned. Still nothing. I quickly turned around to see Colby staring off into space. Sam was still trying to calm down his breathing. I pulled the car over on the side of the highway. I then turned around in my seat and shook Colby's shoulders. "Colby?" Sam looked over and a concerned look spread across his face. "Hey it's ok just take deep breaths. Don't worry about Colby. I'm sure he's fine." I said to Sam. He nodded and tried to take a deep breath. I shook Colby again. "Colby?" I ask again, a little louder this time. Still nothing. What was going on?

Colby's POV

I was in the backseat trying to get Sam to calm down. He was trying to take deep breaths but just couldn't for some reason. Then my vision started getting blurry. What was going on? I opened my eyes to see I was standing in the middle of a highway. It was dark and sprinkling. Where was I? Where was Sam and Aaron? I turned around to see a car coming straight towards me. Before I could react tho, it went straight through me. Huh? Why didn't I get hit? Am I a ghost? I looked around to see Sam's car pulled over on the side of the highway. I walked over to it. I tried to touch it but my hand went straight through it. I walked around to the other side of the car to see Sam performing CPR on Echo. I saw myself quickly get out of the car and fall to my knees beside Echo. I was sobbing my eyes out next to her. Was this a flashback. "Colby?" I heard Aaron yell from far away. I turned around but didn't see him. "Colby?" I heard again, louder this time. "Colby?" I heard for the final time. When I snapped back to it, Aaron was shaking my shoulders and Sam was still barely breathing next to me. "What was that?" Aaron asked concerned. "I don't know. Have you been watching him?" I asked Aaron sternly? I looked over at Sam to see him clutching his chest with tears in his eyes. His face was super red and he didn't look well at all. "You were supposed to be but you had the whole staring thingy going on." Aaron said. "Sam are you doing ok?" I asked him gently. He shook his head. "What's wrong?" I asked him with more concern than intended. "Colby." I quietly says before his eyes start crossing again. "Nope." I say to myself as I lay him back down. His head was on my lap and his body spread throughout the backseat. "Are we almost there?" I ask Aaron with urgency. "Just a few more minutes." He responds calmly. I can't lost my best friend. I cant...