29

Colby's POV

I pulled up to our spot to see Sam standing there with a gun to his head. I quickly got out and ran to the edge of the bridge. "SAM." I yelled urgently. I was terrified of what he would do next. He turned towards me, the gun still to his head. I started sobbing. I wasn't going to lose him. Not this time. I couldn't. "PUT THE GUN DOWN." I managed to choke out through my sobs. I started slowly walking towards him, my hands in the air to show him I wasn't going to hurt him. "STAY BACK." He yelled at me. As he said that, my heart shattered. He needed help. My help. He started to stumble. His eyes looked like they were crossing. He dropped the gun as all color drained from his face. I knew that look all too well. I sprinted over to him and caught him before he fell. I lowered him to the ground with me and held him tight. It was then I realized that he wasn't breathing. What was going on with him? "SAM!" I screamed, shaking him aggressively. Nothing.
*colby calls Aaron*
"AARON I NEED YOUR HELP." I screamed at the phone.

"Why what's up?" He asked, concern flooding his voice.

"SAM ISNT BREATHING. WERE AT OUR SPOT. HURRY." I yelled with urgency at the phone. Even if we were 30 minutes away, in a situation like this, I knew for a fact that Aaron would get here quicker than any ambulance could. I picked Sam up and sprinted back to my car. I laid him down in the grass and started CPR. After 15 minutes, Aaron pulled up. He opened the back door while I quickly picked up Sam and got in the backseat. I held him in my arms as I cried. Between Sam and Echo, I didn't even know if I could do this anymore.
"Come on Sam. Wake up. Please. PLEASE." I said while shaking him. "Please."