14. Kyoshi Island Part 1

~Outside the Southern Airtemple~

"You, me and Appa. We're all that's left of this place. We have to stick together." Aang said as he stood with Appa and his new pet Momo looking at his old home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Aang sat on the back of Appa watching the Air temple get smaller and smaller he got sad thinking of all of the happy memories he had there.

"Aren't you just the sweetest little thing." he heard Luna say from behind him.

Aang turned around to see Luna accepting a piece of fruit that Momo was holding out to her and as he looked at Sokka he could see that he was looking at his now empty hands with wide eyes.

"Hey, that was mine!" Sokka protested and Momo just looked at him innocently like he didn't just grab it out of his hands to give to Luna.

"This is my family now and we'll make new memories together." Aang thought to himself with a smile as he watched Luna giggle at her brother and eat the fruit Momo gave her.

~With Zuko on his ship~

Zuko was sitting in front of four lit candles in his room meditating. His eyes were closed and he took slow deep breaths. As he inhaled the fire from the candles would grow bigger and as he exhaled the fire would get smaller showing his control that he was practicing.

However his meditating was interrupted by his uncle opening the door to his room.

"Yes uncle?" Zuko questioned knowing that his uncle was the only one brave enough to interrupt him while he was meditating.

"We have been trying to track the Avatar but he is impossible to track down. There have been multiple sightings of him but it shows no pattern of where he will go next." Iroh explained as he handed over the map that tracked the Avatar.

"How am I to find her- uh him uncle? He is obviously a master of evasive maneuvers." Zuko said looking at the map that looked like the Avatar scribbled on the map like he was blind.

~With the Gaang~

Sokka was holding open the same map that Zuko and Iroh were looking at trying to make sense of where they were.

"You have no idea where you're going, do you?" Sokka questioned.

"Well I know it's near water." Aang told him sheepishly.

"I guess we're getting close then." Sokka said sarcastically as he looked at his surroundings where you could only see the ocean.

Luna was taking a nap with her head on Aang's lap while he played with her hair. Well at first when she laid down on him he was playing with her hair but now he was braiding it for her since she didn't have a chance to braid it when she woke up.

"Are you braiding my sister's hair?" Sokka asked looking at Aang with a weird expression.

"Yeah. Why?" Aang questioned not seeing anything wrong with it.

"Where did you learn to braid? Aren't all monks bald?" Sokka asked, genuinely confused.

"Um yes, and I don't know, I guess I just knew how to braid." Aang said lying.

He actually learned to braid from watching Luna braid her hair when she would wake up but he wasn't going to tell Sokka that he learned how to braid from watching Luna. That wouldn't go well with Sokka and his overprotectiveness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?" Sokka questioned when Aang had Appa land on an island.