24. Iroh and Sokka Captured

~With Zuko~

It had been a little over an hour since he had left the old lady's shop, and he finally went back to see if she was finished with his Saphire's necklace.

"Hello?" Zuko called out seeing as the woman was once again not in the front of the shop.

"I'll be right there." the old lady called back.

It was a few minutes later that the old lady came out and she was holding the necklace.

"Wow, it looks perfect." Zuko complimented as he took in the necklace.

"Yes, it does, and I'll bet that it looks even better on that water tribe girl that you're pining after." she teased as she put the necklace on the counter and went to get a bag to put it in.

"How much do I owe you?" Zuko questioned wanting to make sure that the old lady gets paid for her hard work.

"Oh dear, nothing. It's not everyday that you see a young man in love and willing to do such sweet things for his woman." she told him dismissing his worries about the price.

"But-" he started protesting before she cut him off.

"Now, this is a bag that will protect it before you can give it to the lucky lady. Off you go now and I wish you the best of luck with your love." she said hand him the bag and giving him a wise smile.

"Thank you, ma'am." he said with a smile. Then when the old lady turned around, he quickly placed a bag of money on the counter and ran out the door before she could protest.

"I hope you like it, Saphire. Now you'll have something to match your beautiful eyes." Zuko whispered as he opened the bag that the necklace was in to take another peak at it.

~With the Gaang~

The Gaang followed the old man to what looked to be an old run-down village. A few of the buildings looked like it got destroyed but it didn't look like it was destroyed by the Fire Nation surprisingly.

"This young person is the Avatar." the old man introduced Aang when they walked into a building with more people in it.

"So, the rumors of your return are true. It is the greatest honor of a lifetime to be in your presence." a man said with a respectful bow.

"Nice to meet you, too." Aang said with a friendly smile.

"So, is there something I can help you with?" Aang questioned since they were led there on the assumption that the village needed his help.

"I'm not sure." the man said dejectedly.

"Our village is in crisis. He's our only hope." the old man told the other man.

"For the last few days at sunset, a spirit monster comes and attacks our village. He is Hei Bai, the black and white spirit." the old man explained to them. Luna looked behind them at the sun that seemed close to setting.

"Why is it attacking you?" Sokka asked.

"We do not know. But each of the last 3 nights, he has abducted one of our own. We are especially fearful because the winter solstice draws near." the man said.

"What happens then?" Luna asked curious.

"As the solstice approaches the natural world and the spirit world grow closer and closer, until the line between them is blurred completely." the old man explained to her.

"Hei Bai is already causing devastation and destruction. Once the solstice is here, there is no telling what will happen." the man told them afraid.

"So what do you want me to do exactly?" Aang questioned still confused on how he was supposed to help them with this problem.