18. Challenges Part 1

~The Newly Refurbished Chamber that was once bad~

Aang woke up the next day to the sound of muffled voices. As he quickly remembered where they were he sat up quick and alert. But by then it was too late. Luna, Sokka, and Momo were gone, leaving him alone with the guards in the doorway.

"Where are my friends?" Aang questioned, angry.

"The King will free them if you complete your challenges." the guard explained stoically.

"And if I fail?" Aang asked with raised brows. It's not that he was planning on failing the challenges but he just needed to know the risks.

"He didn't say. Your staff, please?" the guard said, holding his hand out for Aang to place his staff in.

Aang picked his staff up from the ground and tossed it into the guard's hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aang walked into a room with a guard on each side of him leading him to the old King.

"First, Avatar, what do you think of my new outfit? I want your honest opinion." the King questioned placing his arms outwards so that Aang could get a good look of his purple colored robes that went all the way to the floor.

Aang was silent trying to figure out what this had to do with anything and the sound of someone coughing could be heard in the dead silence.

"I'm waiting." the King said patiently.

"I.. guess it's fine." Aang said but it sounded more like a question since he was so confused.

"Excellent. You've passed the first test." the King said in a cheerful tone.

"Really?" Aang asked surprised with the fact that the simple question about his outfit was his first test.

"Well... not one of the deadly tests. The real challenges are much more... challenging. " the King said sheepishly.

Aang was starting to get fed up with the King. First he takes his friends then he acts like this is all some game.

He ran from his place between the two guards causing the air around him to move with him and by the time he stopped in front of the crazed King a big gust of wind followed and blew towards the King.

"I don't have time for your crazy games. Give me my friends back! We're leaving!" Aang demanded in a hard tone that made the King raise his eyebrows at the determination in the young Avatar's voice.

"Oh, I thought you might refuse. So I will give your friends some special souvenirs." The King declared with a smile as the wall on Aang's right went down creating a doorway to reveal Sokka and Luna being held by 2 guards.

"Those delightful rings are made of pure genomite... also known as the creeping crystal. It's a crystal that grows remarkably fast. By nightfall, your friends will be completely covered in it. Terrible fate really. I can stop it, But only if you cooperate." the King explained while the guards each placed a ring on one of Sokka and Luna's fingers.

Sokka tried taking it off with no luck as it was completely stuck on him. While Luna just stood there looking kinda bored with the turn of events.

"Agh! It's already creeping!" Sokka squealed in a very unmanly tone when he saw the crystal expand on his finger.

Aang looked at Luna who made eye contact with him and he asked her the silent question on whether he should do what the king says or not but Luna just gave him a small smile and nodded her head encouragingly.

Reborn as Katara (OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara