20. Haru More Like Hero

~Somewhere in an Earth Kingdom woods~

Aang and Luna were folding up the rest of their camp stuff so that they could continue to travel after they ate their dinner and Sokka was out searching for something for dinner.

Luna had offered to come and help him, but he refused. If he wanted to be like his father who he looked up to then he would have to be able to provide food for his family.

"Great. You're back. What's for dinner?" Aang asked excited when he saw Sokka walking back.

"We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval - shaped nuts. And some rock - shaped nuts that might just be rocks." Sokka explained as he pulled each 'nut' out of his pouch and when he got to the 'rock shaped nut' he threw it behind his back unsure if it was edible or not.

"Dig in." Sokka said with a proud smile on his face.

"Umm did you find any fruits or plants that we can eat?" Luna asked gently. She specifically didn't ask if he found any animals to eat because she knew that Aang was a vegetarian.

Momo picked up the rock shaped nut that Sokka had thrown on the floor near him and looked at it curiously to see if he could eat it or not. He banged it on a large rock that sat near him to see if he could break it open, but it wasn't working so he used both his hands and slammed it down hard on the large rock.

But upon impact there was a large rumble in the ground and a large 'BOOM!' noise.

"What was that?" Sokka questioned as he took his eyes off their 'dinner' to look around and see what could've possibly made that big noise.

But Momo thought he caused that large rumble and shake to happen but just to be sure he held the rock shaped nut over the large rock and dropped it. Sure, enough when it hit the large rock there was a large rumble and shake which frightened Momo who ran away from it and into Luna's arms where he knew it was safe.

"Aww, it's okay buddy. I'm sure it was nothing." Luna cooed at the adorable sight of Momo hugging her.

"It's coming from over there." Aang said noticing where the noise was coming from. He and Luna started running towards the direction the noise was coming from and Aang was smiling at how Luna fussed over the frightened Momo.

"Shouldn't we run away from huge booms, not toward them?" Sokka asked throwing his hand up in exasperation from their readiness to run at big BOOM noises.

Luna, Aang, and Momo ran over to a stump of a fallen tree with Sokka following behind them and they all hid behind it to see what was making that loud noise.

They came to what seemed to be a well or tunnel made of earth.

They saw a boy who couldn't be that much older than them and he was practicing earth bending. He would use his bending to pick up a large rock and then punch it into the earth walls beside him.

"He's an earth bender," Luna said in fascination. If she remembered correctly, this boy would be Haru.

"Let's go meet him." Aang said with a bright smile.

"He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously." Sokka instructed.

But it seemed like Momo didn't get the memo because he made a loud noise and caught the attention of the earth bender who looked at them in alarm since the tree stump didn't really hide them that much.

The earth bender looked startled and alarmed that they caught him earth bending and quickly turned the other way and ran and, on his way, running he sent rocks tumblinging into the path blocking their view of him.