25. The Search for Iroh and Sokka

~With Uncle Iroh~

It was now dark and the earth bending soldiers that had captured Iroh was traveling on the back of their tall animals. They all rode in silence and Iroh was tied up with ropes and was sat behind one of the soldiers.

Iroh was all but naked except for the barely there cloth that covered his private areas.

"Where are you taking me?" Iroh questioned them.

"Were taking you to face justice." one of the soldiers said.

"Right. But where, specifically?" Iroh pressed more.

"A place you're quite familiar with actually. You once laid siege to it for 600 days, but it would not yield to you." the same soldier answered.

"Ah, the great city of Ba Sing Se." Iroh said in realization as he thought back to the days where he was like his nephew, following his father's orders no matter it he liked it or not.

"It was greater than you were, apparently." the soldier said.

"I acknowledge my defeat in Ba Sing Se. After 600 days away from home, my men were tired, and I was tired and I'm still tired." Iroh said while yawning and leaning his head on the back of the soldier who was controlling the animal they were riding.

Only for him to fall off the back of the animal and land on the floor whilst pretending to still be asleep. The soldier looked at him shocked while Iroh just seemed content with lying on the ground.

The soldiers all got off their animals and picked up Iroh but what they didn't see was that Iroh left his slipper on the ground knowing that his nephew (really his son) was tracking him and would follow his tracks.

~With Luna~

Luna was still trying to keep the spirits of the town up and was helping them in any way that she could. Apparently, a few of people had gotten hurt while trying to clean up the damages from the angry spirit.

So, Luna asked them if they had any water that she could use to heal them.

"I'm sure they'll be back." the old man that brought them to the town said as he walked into the room that Luna was healing people in.

"I know they will. I have faith in Aang, even when he doesn't believe in himself." Luna said.

"You should get some rest." he told her as she just moved on to the next injured person.

"I'm almost done here." she dismissed.

Aang had made his way back to the town and he didn't take notice to how other people didn't really try to talk to him or even glance his way because his eyes were focused on the ground in front of him as he tried to figure out how he was going to tell Luna how he lost Sokka.

He walked through the open door that led to the building that Luna was in and he just took a moment to hear how she believed in him, and it brought tears to his eyes. She believed in him, but he failed her.

"Lu-Luna? Luna, I lost him." Aang said, his voice breaking as he moved closer to her where she was healing an injured person while they slept.

"The sun is rising, perhaps he will return soon." the old man told Luna solemnly.

"Perhaps he will. I'll be finished here soon and then I can go to bed. Why don't you go rest? I'm sure that this whole vengeful spirit can take a toll on you and the other people of this town." Luna told him kindly.

"Return soon? What? No. I'm right here." Aang said frustrated as they didn't seem to hear him or see him at all.

He tried harder to get their attention by putting his hand in front of the old man's face, but he still didn't see him.