Chapter VII: Charizard

✧

          I had successfully left a note on Milo Vicario's desk. Maybe successfully wasn't the right word because I was currently shitting my pants. When he made it to class he picked it up and stared at for a few seconds. He opened it and then simply put it in his jacket pocket. The letter read the following.

          'Thank you for helping me, I can't explain my thanks enough. Sorry if my answer yesterday was lackluster.'

          I worried that my letter was too long or that it wasn't necessary but like most things I couldn't help but overthink. I sighed silently to myself before focusing back on class. When it was over I turned in the extra credit assignment and thanked Mr. Lawrence again. Aanya surprisingly hugged me before she went on her way to her next class. 

           Everything was fine.. until later that day when I was on my way to my last class. My world came to a halt as my eyes laid on Jared Mcclain and he saw me too. Everything around him darkened like the vignette of an old photo. I could only see him as he approached me quickly. His face was painted an array of greens, blues, and purples. The bruising covered almost his whole face, his lip split, and his nose a little bit curved. I was suddenly reminded of that moment in the classroom as Milo hit him over and over. 

        I tried to walk around him but he grabbed my arm harshly. 

       "I need to talk to you." Jared claimed as I tried to pull myself away.

        At some point I realized his grip on my arm was relentless so I turned towards him and he seemed satisfied so he let go. 

        "I wanted to apologize." 

        I tried to move around him but he grabbed me again. "Let me go."

        "I'm so sorry. You gotta get them to leave me alone." Jared continued, he looked neurotic like there was some watching him.

         I felt a feeling of disgust come over me as I shoved his hand off. I stared at him harshly.

        "Why would I help you." I scoffed, his expression morphing at my tone.

         "I'm scared for my life, I wasn't gonna actually do anything to you." Jared's stare sharpened in tandem with my own.

         "What ever is happening to you, you fucking deserve it." I fully pushed past him but he continued as I walked a few steps away.

         "Don't act so high and mighty because Milo is protecting you. He won't always be there." Jared sneered.

         I felt my eye twitch, turning back around to face him. "If you ever come near me again, I will fuck you up myself."

         "So-hee, you couldn't hurt me if you wanted to." Jared laughed to himself.

         I tilted my head at him and shrugged, a thoughtful look on my face. "We'll see."