Chapter 19

Khloe

"Are you sure with the face reveal?" Anya asked for the nth time.

"Is there any other way to win the pageant?" I asked after sipping on my frappe.

"Bribe the judges?" She suggested.

"Nah. I don't do that."

I wouldn't go that far just to win. Mas gugustuhin ko pang matalo kaysa manalo dahil sa suhol.

"I'm excited what would be their reactions especially Logan and those people who insulted you. But... are you sure? Logan will discover the real you."

I shrugged.

"No worries. I'm planning to end this anyway."

Her eyes widen. Ah right. I didn't mention my plan to her. I need to reveal my true identity first before he discovered it with himself. Baka mag backfired kasi ang plano ko. I'm sure he will use it against me.

"Why? Don't tell me nahuhulog na ang loob mo sa kanya?"

My brows furrowed.

"Are you high? Snap with that shitty thought of yours."

She pouted her lips and leaned on her seat.

"Wala pa rin bang improvement sa relationship nyo? I mean... not even a little?"

Napaisip ako sa tanong nya. Is there an improvement? For the past weeks, he did nothing but to annoy me. He would tell me that he likes me and make fun of my looks at the same time. So you can't blame me if I doubt his words. I couldn't feel his sincerity.

"There's nothing to improve. I still don't want to marry him."

She arched her eyebrow. Mukhang hindi sya naniniwala sa sinabi ko.

"Hmm let's see. Logan was captivated by Emerald's ethereal beauty. He knows nothing about Emerald aside from her name. Then there's Khloe. The nerd who pisses him off and stepped on his ego. She's far from his ideal type. But despite of those, he still fell for her. Don't you---"

"Wait hold up! He didn't fall for Khloe. You used the wrong word. He just want to piss me. There's no way he would fall for me."

"You're belittling your nerdy self too much. Khloe is brave, smart, and a badass. Maybe he likes those traits of you."

Hindi na lang ako nagsalita. Is it possible? We hate each other to the core. But how about those kindness that he showed me? Hinatid nya ako sa amin. Nilibre nya ako. He even defended me in front of everyone in the class.

"When is the pageant?" Anya asked out of nowhere.

"Next week. Will you watch?"

"Of course! I would like to witness their priceless reactions!"

Dumating ang order namin ni Anya at sinimulan na namin kumain. We're in a fine restaurant. Madalas kami ditong kumain nila Mommy dahil gustong gusto nya ang pagkain dito and since galing kami sa isang jewelry boutique at malapit lang itong restaurant ay naisip namin na rito na mag dinner. It would be hassle kung lalayo pa kami.

"Hey, your Dad is here." Anya pointed someone behind me using her mouth.

I smiled. Nilingon ko ito at babatiin ko na sana si Daddy nang makita ko ang mga kasama nito.

My Mom's eyes widen when she saw me. They're with Logan's parents. Then my eyes dropped on Logan. Shit! Mabilis akong nag-iwas ng tingin. What a great timing!

"Hide yourself!" Mariing utos ko kay Anya. Yumuko naman ito.

"I know! They're with Logan."

Sinenyasan ko ito na umalis na kami. Tumango sya at kinuha ang bag. Nilingon ko ulit sila Mommy. She motioned us to leave. Definitely Mom!