Chapter 21

Logan

"I told you Mom, I won't marry whoever that girl is!" I said a bit irritated. I've been telling her that since the beginning. They can't just find a suitable bride for me and push me to marry her off. Heck! I don't even know that girl. Not even her name.

"She's gorgeous and I assure you that she's nice. She's a sweetheart." She explained. I scratched my head and groaned. "I don't care Mom. I don't give a damn." Seriously? Can she just stop bugging me about this shit? What in the 'I don't want to marry that girl' she couldn't understand?

"You won't regret it son. I'm sure you will like her." Pamimilit nya. I blew a deep sigh and stared blankly at her.

"Tell me her name then." Hamon ko. Hesitation filled her eyes. See? It's not that I don't trust her taste but heck! I'm the one who's getting married!

"Ahm we already set a date about that. You will meet her soon. "

"Don't bother. I already found someone."

"What?! Do you have a girlfriend? Who is she? Is she from your school?" Sunod-sunod na tanong nya. I was right all along that she would bombard me with question once I tell her about this.

"She's not my girlfriend." That's the truth. Khloe is not my girlfriend. Yes, I like her but... I don't know. Maybe there's a chance for us?

Fuck! What am I saying? Khloe is literally not my type. Not that I'm insulting her looks or how the way she dresses, I just... well, I couldn't imagine myself dating her kind. She's a typical nerd. Wearing those thick glasses, undesirable clothes, and she's not even aware with the right skin care. Her brows were thick and she has freckles on her cheeks. Gladly, she removed her braces! She has perfect set of whites and what I most like about her physique is her lips and her eyes.

When I kissed her, I felt like I was in a cloud. Her lips were soft and tender. Damn. I can even kiss her all day. But that kiss seems so familiar. Right. Just like Emerald. They even have the same eye color. I would like to believe that it was a matter of coincidence. It is impossible right? That they are the same person? Ano bang makukuha ni Emerald kapag nagpanggap syang Khloe?

"Tell me what she looks like." Pangungulit ni Mommy. She even sat next to me and held my arm firmly.

"Don't expect too much Mom. She's not your typical ideal girl." Masyado syang maangas para sa isang nerd. Nabalitaan ko nga na halos balian nya si Drew and fuck! I suddenly remember what happened in the gym. She fucking hit me hard with the ball. She deceived me! I thought she was weak!

"I need to go back to school. I still have a practice." I announced as I stood up.

"Oh before I forget!" I glanced at her and waited for her words. "You will meet your future wife at the pageant. Sweet right? She will surprise you!" She exclaimed excitedly.

I groaned and shook my head. I hopped on my motorcycle and drove off. I've met that girl's parents. They are nice. Ang Mommy nya ang nagsabi na wag muna kami i-introduce sa isa't isa para daw surprise and my obviously agreed. And since I'm uninterested, I didn't bother myself to find out who's that girl. I won't marry her though.

"Did you see what happened in the practice? Kawawa naman si Khloe."

"Bagay lang iyon sa kanya! Hindi nga sya bagay sumali sa pageant. Why they chose her though?"

"Her has good performance so far. I've seen her walk and girl! She walks like a supermodel!"

What the heck is happening? I was about to ask them when suddenly Connie and Nina popped in front of me.