Chapter 2 Scarlet & Velvet

Welcome, to the Scarlet Room

Angel Akeboshi stood within the room of mirrors, the scarlet lights reflecting off every surface and spreading across the labyrinth just outside the chamber. . .

"I. . . This place I. . . Who are you?" The boy asked quietly, struggling to understand what exactly was happening.

". . . My name is Tatsuya Suou." The resident of the Scarlet Room spoke clearly and calmly, eyes analyzing every last detail of the teenager before him. . .

"I'm. . . Angel Akeboshi." The guest replied politely, though clearly unnerved by just about everything in this situation.

"I can tell you have a lot of questions, questions that I'm not sure I have the answers to." Tatsuya leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms and meeting Angel's gaze. "This place exists outside of your reality, between worlds. Why it looks like this? No idea. I'm just. . . occupying this room, if you will."

". . . Then, you aren't the butterfly?"

"No, I'm not. All I knew was that it was calling someone here. . . And so I took a gamble." At the snap of the host's fingers, the mirrors ceased to fulfill their purpose and became as black as night. The orange-haired student tensed, ready to defend himself when Tatsuya held out his hand. "Easy, I have no intentions of hurting you. I want to help you. . ."

". . . Help me?" That threw Akeboshi for a loop.

"I. . . can't enter your world. I can only influence your actions, warn you of what's coming." The resident of the maze closed his eyes, the mirrors fracturing, web-like cracks extending across the scarlet framed glass of each mirror.

"That. . . doesn't sound good." Angel let out a deep breath.

"It isn't. In all honesty, I don't know much more than you do. And that's saying a lot." The brunette sighed, the red lights of the room beginning to blink. "But what I do know. . ."

Is that Minato Arisato is at the heart of this.

. . .
. . .
. . .

"Why me. . .? Why entrust me with this. . .?" Akeboshi couldn't help but question. As much as he wanted to trust Tatsuya, he couldn't. Not yet.

". . . I told you before, this was a gamble. All I knew was that someone would be coming here. Not who. Not why. Not how. Nothing." Suou stood, leveling himself with his guest. "But none of that matters. . . What does is that you are here."