Chapter 6 The Priestess

May 8th, Friday

"That's the last one." Rio Iwasaki muttered as she taped the marked parchment paper to the pavement where the road and sidewalk met.

The golden glyphs glowed briefly as the haunted moon ominously neared its completed state. . .

She and her partner had spent the last few nights setting traps across Iwatodai and Tatsumi Port Island, heeding Tatsuya's words and preparing for the worst case scenario. . .

Angel Akeboshi stared blankly as the gloomy yet bright moon, aquamarine eyes reflecting the peridot glow of the sky. . .

"Full Moon's tomorrow. Get plenty of rest, after school, because it's going to be a very busy night. . . ."

———————————————————————

Velvet Path
May 9th, Saturday

The second the bells rang, Minato was halfway out the door.

"Hey, Arisato-san! Wait up!" Yukari rushed to catch up, her fellow member of SEES doing little to slow down. "Geez, what's got you in such a rush?" The brunette asked as she stepped into place beside him, keeping pace with his hasty strides.

For a brief moment, Arisato considered telling her about the boy in black and white, but just as quickly casted the thought aside. He barely understood the child himself. . .

"Just a bad feeling is all." Minato whispered, absently glancing to the red and black armband on his left arm.

"About what-"

"The Dark Hour." Takeba's eyes widened with surprise, the girl pursing her lips at the thought of the other reality. . .

Now that he mentioned it, that he got her thinking of it, the Archer was suddenly much more aware. The air felt thick, denser, yet she felt lighter. The bag hanging from her shoulder wasn't as heavy, yet she felt far more exhausted than she should've been after an ordinary day of school. Her skin was cold, and spring's soft breeze felt strong enough to knock her over. . .

The sun lingered in the sky, and it would be hours before midnight, and yet. . . it felt as if they were already in the Dark Hour. . .

"If something is wrong tonight. . . What exactly are we going to do?" Yukari asked, uncomfortably hugging herself as they walked passed the school gates.

". . . I don't know." The bluenette adopted a small smile. "I do know we'll handle it together."

"Wow, you really just said that. . ." The girl couldn't help but shake her head at his cheesy one-liner. It did have the intended effect of cheering her up though. . . .

"Still at it, huh?" As the day turned to night, Akihiko entered the command room, still nursing his injured arm.

"You never know when the enemy may appear. Besides. . ." Mitsuru let out a sigh and leaded back in her seat, brows furrowing in confusion. "I'm still trying to grasp the fact that Arisato can use multiple Personae. I've never seen anything like it. . ."