Chapter 3 Tartarus

April 21, Tuesday

The bell marking the end of the school day arrived much faster than Minato anticipated, and arriving even faster was Mitsuru Kirijo. She marched into the classroom, drawing plenty of stares from her underclassmen.

"Takeba, Arisato. Can I have a minute?" The Senior requested hastily, the Second-Years sharing an awkward glance before nodding. "Come to the lounge when you get back to the dorm, I have something to tell everyone. I'll save the details for later."

"Aye aye, Captain." Minato teased, drawing a strange stare out of Mitsuru.

"See you there." Without wasting anymore time, the Student Council President took her leave.

"Well, she certainly got to the point." The bluenette remarked as he began packing up, Yukari letting out a sigh.

"She's probably busy with things like the Student Council, unlike us." She grumbled, clearly irked, enough for their rather talkative classmate to but in.

"Whoa! Yuka-tan! Do I sense some hostility?" Junpei asked with a grin, eager for some drama.

"Yeah, you were quite sassy." Minato added with a smirk.

"Well, it's not like I don't like her. . . She's just. . . Never mind! Let's go, Arisato-san." The archer shook her head and grabbed the Wielder of the Fool Arcana by the arm, fingers brushing against the newly made 'SEES' armband.

"Wait, I'm not done packing up my- STUFF-" Arisato was pulled out of the classroom, and Takeba was marching out of school with a purpose.

"Geez, Stupei should try and mind his own business." Yukari huffed, grip on Minato tightening.

"This is going to be a long train ride. . . ."

Iwatodai Dorms

Enduring Yukari's heated rant about their classmate drained the poor boy of just about all his energy. The brunette arrived at the dorms practically dragging Minato's limp body. . .

"Girls. . . are scary."

Awaiting their arrival in the lounge were the Senior members of SEES. . . where they discovered that Minato's tenure as the newest resident of the dorms was cut short.

"JUNPEI?!?!?" Yukari exclaimed in shock and horror! Standing in the middle of the lounge was Junpei Iori. "Why are you here?!"

"Wassup?!" The newest member of SEES greeted, showing off a red armband of his very own!

"Hm. That was quick." Minato sighed.

"Oh, you already know him? I guess we don't need to waste time with introductions then." Akihiko muttered, standing beside the recruit with crossed arms. "He'll be staying here as of today. He has the potential."

"Him?! Seriously?!" Takeba was clearly less than thrilled.

"I ran into him the other night. He has the potential." Their injured member exposited. "I told him about us, and he agreed to join."