16. Friendshiphood (Rikiel x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : seeker-nox - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

Requested by nxva07

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Shy
✏︎Kind
✏︎Smart
✏︎Understanding
✏︎Cuddly

⚠️WARNING⚠️
This chapter may contain spoilers for part 6. If you haven't watched/read yet, please consider the spoilers warning.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

His throat was dry, his eyes empty of tears, his heart; exhausted. Yet so at peace. His hair, set free against his pillows was loved with attention under your silk fingers, brushing them. As you took care of his locks, you hummed along with the music "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" . You had always loved its melody and Rikiel knew it better than anyone and so he joined you. Humming along and as always it warmed your heart.

How long has it been?

15 years.

You've known each other for 15 years and during all that time you never broke your promise: "I'll always be there for you, Riki." So when he came to your doorstep after he had left the hospital, naturally, you welcomed him in for his convalescence. Staying in the hospital would have cost him an arm and a leg, ah, the United States where your health isn't a priority but your money is. How butter you feel about it all so of course you were willing to help him cheat the system. (From what I've heard, it seems that healthcare in the USA costs A LOT of money. Is it true or is it just a myth?)

"What did you do to make yourself look like this, hum?" you asked your arm toward you, showing him the result of his pitiful appearance, full of bruises. "I fought a woman who had the power to use a thread and she used it to smack me up." That's what he should have said to respect the truth but who was he kidding? You'd never believe that. You'd call the hospice and who could blame you? "It's a long story." Boring classic answer but the safest one. You weren't gullible. There was something fishy. It was so rare of him to be so discreet with his whereabouts, at least, with you. To everyone their secrets and so you didn't say a word and sat by his side.

"Next time you get involved in a fight, try to come back home and not end up in the hospital."

He scoffed.

"Don't start," he said as he brought a wet towel to his eye. He had raised himself and was now sitting in the bed. You slid yourself against his shoulder, reaching for the tissue. "Let me do it." You took hold of it.

A sweet smile was exchanged as you patted his face with the cold towel. "Let me know if it hurts, okay?"

He nodded.

Ever so smoothly, you cleaned his skin, put pharmaceutical cream, praying he'd be back on his feet soon. Nothing broke your heart more than seeing him in a poor position.

Anytime he'd be out of breath, his chest exploding, his eyes feeling with tears, tearing his heart apart, scratching his skin - anxiety attacks. "I understand," Oh how much did you wish these words were true! You didn't envy his suffering but if only you knew maybe, just maybe you could be an even better friend? These intrusive thoughts made you feel ashamed. Both of you knew. He always knew, of course. A gift? Maybe. "You're my best friend."

You hugged. "Be more careful Riki, please."

"I will."

What better feeling was but to feel warm in a trusting friend's arms?

Nothing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I really wanted to focus on a wholesome friendship for once and I felt like Rikiel was just the perfect candidate to do so

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

◢✥◣
Requests are open
◥✥◤

➢Jonathan x Shy!Insecure!Strong!Female!Reader
➢Bruno x Clumsy!Cloudheaded!Bubbly!Gentle!Polite!Civilian!Female!Reader
➢Jobin x Sweet!Indulgent!Playful!Female!Reader