18. You (Bruno x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Nukiel- DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

Requested by thedaikiwife

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Clumsy
✏︎Cloudheaded
✏︎Bubbly
✏︎Gentle
✏︎Polite

✏︎Civilian
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

It was hard at the beginning. Accepting it all. It had never been about you and your feelings : the hard times. It was a question of "what now?". Truth was the news hit like a ton of brick.

His job. Never had he lied. Never had he spoken of a cover about his career. He simply never mentioned it but after holding you too close he had to accept that silence was not a long-lasting mechanism between two soulmates. You remembered vividly when he simply stood and said these words: "I work for Passione."

"The mafia?"

"Yes."

"I need some time."

You had taken some distance. How could you not? How could you have just said "Oh that's fine" and kept that relationship going as if nothing was wrong? You couldn't. There was a thin line between nonchalance and stupidity. It was tricky not to cross.

You thought of giving up. Stopping this relationship until you saw him with his man in a restaurant, through the restaurant window. They laughed but more importantly, Bruno's eyes were filled with care and respect for them. There was no denial at it : Bruno Bucciarati had no regrets toward his living. Crystal clear. This transparency of his was admirable and made your heart skip a beat. He was a gentleman charmer.

That was why you chose to keep going, hand in hand, refusing to let go despite the danger, judgment and spitefulness of others.

•••

This turmoil of years back led you to live with the men, bearing a shining ring on your finger. Bowed upon the edge of the couch, you painted your toenails, tongue out focused. Just the corner right there. Of course, you'd lose balance. Desperately you grabbed the side of the sofa but hit the side table. The glass of water, your OH SO DEAR GLASS OF WATER (I always have water with me, everywhere I go. As I got older I discovered I loved the taste of water. Even if it....doesn't taste...anything...) fell off and exploded against the floor.

You stared at the mess and sighed. What did you expect? You should have listened to Bruno and simply sat on the floor despite the cat's fur. "Just brush any fur away before starting."

"Fur is everywhere. There's some that's gonna get stuck. I swear. It always happens!"

To this, he really could only nod as if he were trying to argue he knew very well that he'd lose.

When Bruno walked into the living room, worried, you could only smile shyly. "Bella?"

You hated to appear idiotic in front of him who always shined by his presence: elegant in every situation. However, the truth was that you were the clumsiest person you knew. "I suppose that I'm facing the consequences of my actions."

"You just knocked it over. It's a mere accident."

"It's the third this week!" and it was.

How could such an organized character not loose himself in your clumsiness and messiness? How had he not lose his mind? Curious, really, what love could do.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

J'ai eue énormément de plaisir à écrire cette petite histoire là et ce malgré sa longueur

J'ai eue énormément de plaisir à écrire cette petite histoire là et ce malgré sa longueur. Sache que si jamais tu as une autre requête, je l'écrirais avec plaisir en me donnant pour mission de la faire plus longue que celle-ci! 🫡

Et oui thedaikiwife, je me suis souvenue que tu étais français.e ✨

C'est rare que j'ai la chance d'utiliser ma langue maternelle sur Wattpad, alors je me suis autorisée cette petite folie 😄

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

◢✥◣
Requests are open
◥✥◤

➢Jobin x Sweet!Indulgent!Playful!Female!Reader

Now is pretty much THE TIME to give me your requests