Chapter 1

Important:

~POV~:Point Of View

{Time Skips}

[Flashbacks]

(Author Notes/Comments)

~Darius POV~

The teacher hasn't gotten to class yet so Alador and I are just talking amongst ourselves.

"Did you hear?" Alador asked me.

"Hear what? I can't read your mind, you have to tell me what you mean." I replied.

"The trip to the castle." He told me.

"No! What are you talking about?!" I asked.

"Lilith Clawthorne overheard that there's a school trip to the castle soon." He answered.

"Awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Quiet, Class." The teacher snapped as he came into the classroom.

{A Couple Hours Later}

"You sure Lilith heard right?" I asked Alador as we grabbed our lunches.

"No, but I'll pretend I'm sure." Alador answered.

We looked for a table.

"They're all full." I stated. "Let's just eat outside."

Alador nodded.

We sat on the front steps of Hexside. Alador started eating his lunch.

"You think making abomination theme technology could be useful?" Alador asked me.

I shrugged as I took a sip of my apple blood.

"It could be cool." He added.

"It sounds stupid but that's my opinion." I noted.

"Good thing I'm not you." He said. "It sounds fun to me."

I smirked.

"Do it if you want. It's your life." I told him. "If abomination slime can be used to make fabric, it could probably be used to make technology, Surdoué."

"Surdoué" is a silly nickname I call Alador. I found it in a book from the human realm that the bookstore accidentally put on the shelves. It was a language book for learning a human language called "French". "Surdoué" essentially means "gifted" or "intelligent". That sums up Alador.

"Maybe I will." He smiled. "Also, how do you know it can be used to make fabric?"

"Boredom, mostly." I replied.

"You say I do weird things when I'm bored." He stated.

"You do." I told him. "But so do I."

He looked at my arm. I pulled my sleeve to cover the bandage on it.

"Is that a bandage?" Alador asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Your dad?" He asked.

I nodded.

"You're not safe th-" I said.

There was screaming inside the school. Thank titan, a distraction. Someone came running out of the school laughing. Edalyn Clawthorne. Through the cracked door, I caught a glimpse of a lot of bats in the halls.

"Hey, Deammone. Hey, Blight." Edalyn said once she stopped laughing and noticed us.

"What did you do?" I asked.