Chapter 15

{A Week And A Half Later}

~Alador POV~

Darius and I are waiting for the others in Eda's hall of doors or whatever she calls it. Benjamin Rattington and Ace are chasing each other around the room.

"It's been 2 weeks already." I complained. "It feels like you're just torturing me now."

"You're impatient." Darius told me.

"I'm not impatient!" I protested.

"You are a little impatient, specifically with us." He said, gently grabbing my hand.

"I just want people to know you're my boyfriend, is that so bad?" I asked, cupping his hand in both of mine.

"No, it isn't." He said. "But is there another reason you want to tell people, Surdoué?"

"...Adrian Graye has been poking around again." I said.

"And that bugs you?" He teased. "Are you getting jealous? You are jealous, aren't you?"

"Shut up! I'm not jealous." I said. "I just don't like the idea of him getting any ideas...okay, maybe I'm a little jealous."

He laughed.

"Even if he does, I like you and not him. He ticks me off." He assured me. "You and I are partners in crime."

I laughed at him calling us that.

"I know." I said. "I know."

"I'm too good from him anyway." He noted.

"Way too good for him." I added.

He kissed me.

"Though your jealousy is cute and adorable." He told me.

He smiled at me. Benjamin squeaked loudly. We looked over. He'd tripped while he and Ace were running around. Ace curled up around him. I looked back at Darius.

"Do you really want people to know about us?" Darius asked.

I nodded. He grinned. A door nearby started opening. Darius kissed me.

"Well, that's unexpected." Porter said, closing the door behind him.

Eber laughed.

"Not exactly what I meant about telling people but it works I guess." I laughed.

"You chose to date someone known for being dramatic, what did you expect?" Darius asked.

{A Few Hours Later}

Apparently Lilith, Eda, and Raine made bets on my love life. Eda and Raine won.

Porter had to get home and Lilith had to get to a study group. That left Raine, Eda, Darius, Eber, and I.

"This weekend we're going to The Knee. The moon and sun are supposed to be in the perfect position for a really cool light show with the snow." Raine said. "You two wanna come?"

"It'll be a double date, since you two aren't hiding in a closet." Eda said.

"It sounds fun." Darius said.

I nodded. Eber said something to Raine and Darius.

"You can hang out with Lilith or Porter." Raine suggested.

Eber complained or something. Darius patted his head.

{A Few Days Later}

"Bye, Dad." I said. "I'll be home later."